chapter 13: memories

The next day you were getting ready. You pull out a black halter dress that had mint green accents on it. You put it on and your sister comes it.
"Sis, mom would love that on you…" she says softly. I look at her with said eyes. 
"Will you braid my hair Cammie?..." 
"Just like when we were kids huh? I would braid your hair and mom would do mine." Carmen says. She walks behind you and starts brushing your hair then starts to french braid your hair. You hum softly. Thinking of when you were a kid. Flashes of images from spending time with your parents. 
"I miss them….." you whisper. And she hums in agreement. She ties mom the braid, leaving it half not braided. 
"They'd be so proud of you. Auntie is waiting for us. Finish fast." She leaves and you throw a pair of flats and go down the stairs. 
"There's my beautiful girl." Your aunt hugs you. "Gaster and his boys are meeting us there." You nod and go to the car. You stare out the window on the way to the graveyard. It was eight years to the day since the fire. You pull into the parking lot. After the car is parked you get out and see Sans, Gaster and Papyrus. You walk over and grab Sans' sleeve. You feel tears start running down your face and he hugs you.
Your phone starts to ring and you take it out. Dream is calling you so you answer. "(Y/N) would it be possible for me and Nightmare to come over? He has some books to show you."
"D-Dream….. not today….."
"What's wrong?" You hear shifting on the other end.
"Is she okay?" You hear Nightmare say.
"J-just not a g-good day guys….." you reply trying to keep your voice steady and you guys walk to your parent's grave. "I-I'm not even home right now any-anyways….."
"Do I have to get Sans to get it out of you?" Dream asks.
"H-he wouldn't tell…. Besides….. he's here w-with me…." you say and Sans takes your phone. 
"Guys it's not a good time…. Yes I know what's going on." You get to the grave and you walk up to the headstone. You notice Sans talking on your phone still but let put a loud sob and fall to your knees. Eight years hasn't lessened the pain of that day any less. You still remember every little thing that had happened. You remember running for the door when the ceiling fell in. Dad pushed you out if the way but a beam still fell across your face and arms. After a moment firefighters had pulled you out and saved your life but it was too late for your parents. 
You scream out in pure agony as the memories ended and a pair of bony arms wrapped lightly around you. You turn and hide your face in Sans' chest. He pet your hair as you cried and kept asking why this had to happen to you. All Sans could do was comfort you as cry and whimper out words. Suddenly a voice you didn't recognize called out.
"Clover, is that you?" Your aunt gasped and whirled around.
"Com? Oh my gosh its been so long. And is that your boy? Oh how you've grown, Ink."
You stiffen in Sans' arms and look over his shoulder to see a woman you didn't know and behind her was Ink. You whimper and cuddle into Sans more.
"Cammie? Oh my gosh you look just like your mother! You're stunning." The new woman says as she walks over to your sister.
"Ah, nah, I don't look anything like her." 
"If you're calm that means that agonized call came from…." she turns and sees you clinging to Sans. "(Y/N), and Sans is here too. I remember when you two along with Ink were inseparable." You look over to her confused. 
"Com, enough of that talk." Gaster said. 
"Why is that Gaster. Remember when they were all in daycare together? PJ would send the cutest pictures of all three together." You groan softly and hold your head. There was so much pain. 
"You okay, starshine?" You shake your head and whine.
"Com, after the fire (Y/N) got selective short and long term memory loss. The only ones she remembers are her family. You'll hurt her if you keep talking like this." You push Sans away and lay on the ground hoping that would help your pounding head.
"Well it isn't a surprise to see her like this." You hear Ink's voice say.
"Ink! What are you saying?" You hear his mom say with a gasp.
"It's true. She's always so oblivious. She can't even remember her own friends. Honestly I'm surprised more people weren't at her. Error just set the ball in motion." He says and you flinch. You push yourself up and walk over to him.
"I don't remember? Tell me then. I will NOT put up with anything else like this." You hiss at him and he grimaces. 
"We used to be great friends. Even after you moved across the city we'd see each other multiple time a week, we spent I don't know how many hundreds of hours together. When they pulled you out of that house you acted like you didn't see me. When I visited you acted like you didn't know me! You were my best friend and you just left! You forgot! You never really even gave a damn! When I saw you after we got into high school I thought maybe, just maybe, you would talk to me like old times! YOU NEVER DID THOUGH! YOU IGNORED ME ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE!" you blinked in surprise and back up a couple steps.
"Ink! You apologize right now! You know better than to talk like that!" His mother scolded him.
"Its the truth though! I'm not sugar coating anything!" He glares at you as you back up. You were terrified of him. Sans goes and stands in front of you.
"Ink. Is it really worth all this pain? Hasn't she gone through enough? I know you are those scars on her that she tries so hard to hide every day." Sans said in a level tone.
"So what? She brought it in herself." Ink says in a dead tone. You cling to the back of Sans' hoodie. Com goes over to her son and grabs his arm.
"(Y/N) I am so sorry for his actions today. We'll take our leave now. Ink, you come on." She drags Ink away as Sans turns to hug you. You clung to him for dear life.
"Hey, starshine, you're alright. No one will hurt you. You're safe." 
You sob softly and Papyrus hugs you too. You were scared and confused. "Maybe we should go to my place so I can explain things better." Gaster suggests and you all nod. "Sans, can you shortcut her there?"
"Sure. Close your eyes." You do what he says and you're teleported to a house that feels familiar. You pull away slightly from him to look around. 
"How're you holding up?"
"Where are we?..."
"My house."
"Why is it so familiar?..." 
"Dad said we were friends as kids, you were over a fair bit."
"Why can't I remember?....."
"Dad will explain. Wait in the livingroom." He blips out of existence and you walk into the livingroom. You sit on a couch and sand teleports beside you again. He has three albums in his hands. 
"Photo albums?" You ask.
"Dad kept all our pictures from when we were little. Theres about three years an album. Wanna see?" You nod and lean against him. He picks up an album and opens it. You see baby pictures of you and Sans. You see all the stuff you guys would do and how you changed over the years. At some point the others had come in and watched you two. You giggled at some points in his stories and soon you come to the end of the album.
"Well look like you're having fun." You hear Gaster say and you smile at him.
"These are cute pictures. Could you get copies for me?"
"Of course. Let's finish looking through and I'll explain things to you." You nod and soon toy get to the preschool pictures and you start seeing a young Ink in most of them. You also see Red Rus and many of the others. Then school pictures from all of you and more random pictures. You linger on one. It's you dressed in a bright green dress, Sans is on your right side with your arm thrown over his shoulders, his hand was doing bunny ears behind your head. On your left side though, Ink was clinging to you, armed wrapped around your waist and he had a huge blush on his face.  You were holding his head to your shoulder. You all had huge smiles on your faces.
*flashback*
"Inky, come on! Let's take the picture!" A six year old you whined. It was your birthday and wanted a picture with your favourite skeletons. 
"But I don't like pictures… you know that (Y/N)." Ink says and you sigh.
"Weeeeell I was going to let you draw me if you took one with us but I guess that isn't happening." You smirk as he ducks under your arm and hugs you."
"You really will?!" He asks and you laugh.
"Of course." Sans comes over and you slung an arm over his shoulders and pull Ink closer to you by his skull. Everyone starts to laugh and there was a flash. 
*flashback ends*
"Starshine?"
You look up from the picture and blink a few times. "We only got this picture because I bribed Ink with letting him draw me…. it was my sixth birthday….." you day and everyone looks surprised. Suddenly your head pounds and you pass out while clinging to Sans.