chapter 49: Songs

Red refused to leave your room. Sans came up and brought you food at one point but you didn't eat. You didn't feel like eating. Red barely managed to get you to drink. Clover came back relatively late but saw you were still awake with the gang all still down stairs.
"What's going on?" She asks but the moment she sees you she understands. "Don't leave her alone. I'll go get Buttercup. You can go down with the rest of your friends after that." Red nods but you don't show you hear her in any way. Buttercup comes up after a moment and Red trades out with her
"(Y/N) would you like pajamas?" Your eyes flicker to her at the closet then close. You didn't want to talk to anyone. She pulls the blanket off of you. Your eyes open and you stare at her. "Closing your eyes is NOT an answer." You blink at her and shrug. She throws pajamas at you and they hit your face. "Change now." You mechanically do as she says and she changes into another pair. You still haven't said anything.
You feel the water glass put in your hands. "Drink or I'll make you." You look at her and see a determined look on her face. You sigh and take a small drink then hand it back to her. "More." You shake your head and point to the bathroom. She takes the glass from you and you shuffle to the bathroom. You leave the door open so she doesn't freak out and quickly use the bathroom and wash your hands. Sans is in the room with her when you come out. His face lights up when he sees you but then frowns. You crawl into bed without a word and close your eyes.
"Starsine...." He says and starts to rub circles on the back of your neck. "Come on, say something." You hug a pillow to your chest. "Do I gotta sing for you? I will if you make me." He lays down behind you while wrapping his arms and legs around you in a koala hug. You still don't respond so he sighs. His deep singing voice rings out then.
"There was a time when I was alone,
Nowhere to go and no place to call home.
My only friend was the man in the moon,
And even sometimes he would go away, too.
Then one night, as I closed my eyes,
I saw a shadow flying high.
He came to me with the sweetest smile,
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile.
He said, "Peter Pan, that's what they call me,
I promise that you'll never be lonely,"
And ever since that day.
I am a lost boy from Neverland,
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan.
And when we're bored we play in the woods,
Always on the run from Captain Hook.
"Run, run, lost boy, " they say to me,
Away from all of reality.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me.
And lost boys like me are free.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me,
And lost boys like me are free." you feel the rumble against your back. You almost start to sing with him but you cant. You don't deserve to be treated this well.
"He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe,
Believe in him and believe in me.
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green,
To your beautiful destiny.
As we soared above the town that never loved me.
I realized I finally had a family,
Soon enough we reached Neverland.
Peacefully my feet hit the sand,
And ever since that day.
I am a lost boy from Neverland,
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan.
And when we're bored we play in the woods,
Always on the run from Captain Hook.
"Run, run, lost boy, " they say to me,
Away from all of reality.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me,
And lost boys like me are free.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me,
And lost boys like me are free." You were crying now and Sans was rubbing your arms to try to calm you. You take some deep breaths and decide you want to sing with him but just loud enough for the three of you to hear.
"Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling,
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book.
Neverland, I love you so.
You are now my home sweet home,
Forever a lost boy at last.
Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling,
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book.
Neverland, I love you so,
You are now my home sweet home.
Forever a lost boy at last,
And for always I will say.
I am a lost boy from Neverland,
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan.
And when we're bored we play in the woods,
Always on the run from Captain Hook.
"Run, run, lost boy, " they say to me,
Away from all of reality.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me,
And lost boys like me are free.
Neverland is home to lost boys like me,
And lost boys like me are free." Your body is racked with sobs as you hug the pillow tighter to you.
"Easy starshine. You're alright. We all get that you're having a bad day." He says softly as he turns you to face him.
".........S-sorry........." you say as Sans sits you up. Buttercup hands you the glass of water and you smile softly. You take a sip and then realize how thirsty you are. Once you finish your drink Sans picks you up and takes you down to the others. They're all talking softly but stop as the three of you come down stairs.
"She'll be okay guys. Just a little shaken up." He grins at you and you groan. He puts you down and you clutch the blanket around you tighter. You look around and see where Jazzy is. You tighten your hold on the blanket and go over to your dance loving friend. You sit in front of him and lay your head on his lap.
He chuckles softly and runs his phalanges through your hair. "You're alright. I know you didn't mean it. Right?" You nod. "I could tell just by your reaction afterwards. Are you hurt?"
"........not hurt........ but yes upset......." You say softly. Jazzy picks you up and sets you on his lap. You feel yourself get pulled into a hug by someone else. You look back to see Ink. His skull was pressed against your shoulder.
"Thank god that you're alright...." He says. You reach a hand back and pat his skull. You yawn then and lean against Jazzy. You were so tired. Closing your eyes you fall asleep instantly.