chapter 57: Soothing

You yawn and wake up. You see the twins on one side of you with Red on the other. Ink was sprawled sideways and your head was on his chest. The four of them Were still fast asleep but you didn't see Sans anywhere. You carefully get up without waking the others and give each a kiss on the cheek before going to find Sans. "Sansy!" You call out for him but no one answers. "Sans! Come on, this isnt funny!" You call out again. You hear soft murmuring coming from the basement so you creep down the stairs. The murmurs get louder and you recognize that its Sans. You hurry down the stairs and see him sitting curled up in a corner. "Sans?" You say softly and his head snaps towards you.
"H-heya…." He tries to act normal but you see the blue magic tears running down his face. You remember what he said about having depression as well. You cautiously make your way closer to him but stop and sit on your knees a few feet away. 
"Wanna talk about it Sansy?" You hold out a hand to him. He looks at your hand as more tears fall down his face.
"W-what are you talking about? E-everything is fine." 
"That stutter and the tears don't agree with that statement. What happened?" You ask softly. He starts crying harder and you scoot just close enough to wipe away the tears that were falling. "Easy Sansy. I'm here. You don't need to talk. Want a hug though?" He nods and you hug him tightly. He pressed his face against your neck and you feel his whole frame shake with sobs.
You gently stroke the back of his skull. He wraps his arms around your waist. You Sush him. "Shhhhhhh. Sans, everything is okay. I really am sorry." You lean your head against his. His body shakes harder and you kiss the top of his skull. "Shhhhhhhh, deep breaths. Breathe with me." You move his skull to sit on the middle of your chest so he'll be able to feel your breaths. You take a breath in and you feel him do the same. You breathe out and he does too. You do this until he calms down. You feel him pull away from you. You let him and he pulls his hood over his head. You see a dark blue blush across his cheeks. You realize what you did and mimic his actions. "S-sorry about that…. It was the only way I could think of to calm you down…… mom would do that alot….."
"I-it's fine…. Just be careful of w-who you do that with."
You smile at him softly and hug him and lean your cheek against his. "I wouldn't do that to someone I don't trust completely." You hear footsteps coming down the stairs and look to see Buttercup. 
"U-uh…… am I interrupting?....." she asks.
"Just calming this numbskull down some." Sans chuckles.
"What can I say? I'm Sans-sational." The three or you burst out laughing. 
"Hey Sans." He looks at you. "Why don't Skeletons get mad?"
"Why?"
"Because nothing gets under their skin!" You give him finger guns and you all start laughing. Everyone comes down stairs.
"Good one starshine."
You jump up and start bouncing around. "Hey hey! Sansy! What happened to the ship that sank in the shark filled sea?"
"Dont know, what?"
"It came back with a skeleton crew!" You hear lots of laughter and a few groans.
"Ya know, starshine, there are two skeleton teachers at school. One is humerus, but the other is very sternum." You laugh out loudly and fall on your ass. "Oh starshine. Are you coffee because I've been thinking about you a latte." You giggle but then you hear a growl. You look over and tilt your head.
"Everything okay?" They all look at you and nod. "Let's go upstairs. I'll sing for you all." You evade everyone and go upstairs. 
You go to your music room and go to your keyboard. You turn on the harpsichord setting after turning it on.
"God of death with a gaze of woe,
Spoke to me and he told me so:
"Fast before I shall lose control,
Please have mercy and save my soul."
All the pain you feel, 
I'm sure you didn't wish for that.
And the looks that you bare,
Are so grim those you wear.
Shining bright she is like the sun,
Waiting there for her fate to come.
Holding out her hand with the flow.
Smiling as she then told you so:
"It is quite alright, 
I shall take the darkness that you hold.
And it will change your shape,
As a bird you can escape.
You can fly to a place far away,
In the sky you are free every day.
If you dont have a goal or a prey,
Then it's fine for with me you can stay."
White as told, wings unfold,
Here it stays, following always." You look over to your friends and you smile. 
"Many more are wanting now,
For her to save them all somehow.
And the girl was reaching out, 
Saving without a doubt.
Slowly as all the birds were to fly,
She was up there among in the sky.
For the birds were all covered in white,
She had turned as dark as the night.
She's consumed by the darkness they bore,
She shall never wake up anymore.
For she used all the strength she would hold,
Now her body is finally cold.
Grieving bird, gave his word,
Took the pain, darkness and all vain. 
Through the clouds up he would fly,
Birds in black were all over the sky.
Now you shine like the gold on the sea,
All because you are Soleil.
All because you are Soleil." You finish playing the music and look to your friends again.
They're all smiling at you and you turn the keyboard off. "That was awesome!" Abyss says and you smile at him.
"It really was." Forté says.
"Thanks guys." You say with a smile.