chapter 25: Fitting

The next day you practiced all day. You needed to get the song down completely. You had months to do it yes but you liked to have lots of time. Just as you finish the song your phone starts ringing. You check the ID and see that its Dream calling. "Dream! How's school going?" 
"Its fine, I have a question for you though."
"Go for it."
"Would you mind if my friend Comet helped with your dress for the show?" You blink. Comet is Outertale Sans. He always seemed nice enough but would he judge you? You didn't know. "(Y/N) I can feel your anxiety through the phone…. he doesn't care about how a person looks. He loves doing this stuff himself but he's more into making products to help with scars on humans and monsters alike. I think he might be able to help reduce those scars of yours." You think for a moment before sighing.
"Fine, but if word gets out I'm blaming you."
"It will come out at the end of the semester anyways but I understand. We'll be there after school. Nightmare and Ink are coming too."
"Alright. See you in like an hour and a half? If I don't answer the door, come right in. I might be taking a shower."
"So if you don't answer, come in and stay downstairs. Got it. See you after school!"
"See you then." For the next forty five minutes you practice your song before getting up and stretching. You head up to your room to go to your bathroom. You strip down and step in the shower. You let the hot water pour onto your tense shoulders. You take your shampoo and wash your hair then use your conditioner. Taking in the smell of your hair products you sigh in happiness you loved the smell. It was citrus after a little while you take your body wash that smells the same and you wash your body, being especially careful of your ribs. After washing the soap off you get out and dry off before going to get dressed. You wrap the towel around yourself and go into your room. You put on underwear and put on some shorts. You grab a tank top and put it on before going downstairs. You hear talking from your living room and start to get very nervous. Talking to someone you don't know without hiding your scars scared you.
You sigh softly and go into the room. Ink stops mid sentence to stare at you. Soon the others look to see you there with your hair hiding your face. "Damn, sunshine that looks good on you." You let out a small chuckle and go over to him with a close eyed smile. When you get to him he's sweating. You grab the ends of his scarf and yank on them.
"Ink, don't lie to me. Especially when I'm anxious as hell." You say in a tight voice before letting him go and turning to the others. "Sorry about that. He knows better than to do that."
"I wasn't lying." You give him a playful shove before turning to Comet.
"You're Comet, right? I'm sorry for that bad first impression."
"Its fine, and yeah I'm Comet. Dream wasn't lying when he said you have some nasty scars. I've seen worse though."
"Oh?" You say with a tilt of your head.
"Yeah well think about it, Outertale is in space. Little to no gravity….. some monsters got too close to falling stars and got some nasty scars too….." you blink but nod. You weren't expecting that.
"Anyways, let's get to work." Dream chirps and pulls out a tailor's measure. "Can you stand in a T-pose for me to take your measurements?" You do and blush. 
"This is embarrassing Dream…" you complain.
"It won't last that long." He starts taking your measurements and writing them down. 
"Have you ever thought of being a fashion designer?" You ask him as he wraps the measuring tape around your waist. 
"Of course I have. I was planning on doing just that. Have you thought about what you want to do?" He asks back then moves to your arms.
"I have. I was thinking of starting up a publishing company. For like books and stuff. Mom and dad knew a few people who could help with that." You say and Comet looks at you with curiosity. 
"Knew?" He asks and you jump slightly. 
"Ah…. yeah…. my parents died in the fire that I got the scars from….. the roof fell in and they pushed me out of the way……. another, smaller piece pinned me for a few minutes until a firefighter got to me…… actually it was Undyne's mother who saved me…." You say that with a small smile. Dream clears his throat softly and you see him with a golden blush. You tilt your head but he doesn't meet your eyes.
"....I need to measure your chest now…. I might need a little little help with that so I don't….." he trails off and you chuckle and take the measuring tape. You put the measuring tape across your chest and Dream takes the ends of it.
"Its in the right place, isn't it?" You ask and Dream nods. "Good." You see the time and blink. "Oh crap, Auntie will be here soon. I have that appointment to get my ribs checked…" you trail off.
"Would you like us to go?" Nightmare asks and you shake your head. 
"You guys have free regin of the house while I'm gone, just don't break anything." You say and they smile at you. Just then Clover comes in.
"Ah, hello boys, I'm stealing her for about 45 minutes. Make yourselves at home while we're gone." You run to your aunt and hug her before waving and going to the car.
@Comet POV@
I stare at her as she leaves. (Y/N) really is an interesting person. "She's nice." I say and the others look at me.
"She really is." Nightmare says before he gets up.
"Where are you going?" Ink asked.
"To borrow one of her books. She said I could any time I want." He grins as he goes to the staircase. 
"Your brother is a lot more manageable like this." I say to Dream. 
"And a lot nicer to be around. I already know." Dream says. "Its all thanks to her. She made him come back."
I look towards the stairs to where Nightmare disappeared. "I'll bring a salve tomorrow to help with her scars. That story…. it was sad." I say in a distracted voice. Nightmare comes back into the room then.
"Guys…." Ink says in a soft voice. He sounded upset. "I want to tell you something but…. you can't tell anyone else yet….."
"Is this what had you so upset yesterday?" Dream asks.
"Yeah….. can you all promise me that you won't tell anyone?...." the three of exchange looks but nod.
"Of course Ink." I say.
"I know how that fire started……. I know who started it……. I was there…… I didn't do anything to stop him…….. I thought the people hadn't moved in yet……. I didn't know it was her house……." he says quietly and everyone was shocked. "She was my best friend and I let Error do that to her and her parents…… I ran off once I heard the screaming from her parents and called 911…… I couldn't save them…… I'm part of the reason they're dead…… I still have night terrors where I hear their screams….." he finishes and wipes at his eyes.
"Why didn't you tell anyone before?" I ask. 
"He insisted that it was an accident.….. and at that point she had lost her memories….. I was hurt that she "acted" like she didn't know me….." he drops his head to his hands. Dream walks over and hugs him.
"Is that when things went down hill with her?" Dream asks and Ink nods. "You know she'd never blame you."
"Yeah, my Bro is right. Its obvious that she adores you." Nightmare says as he opens the book. "She'd never hate you."
"She seemed pretty annoyed earlier." I say.
"She was just embarrassed." Dream says. 
"Other than the annoyance she seemed very nice and she had a really fond look on her face."  Ink looks at me and I smile.