chapter 8: Reality sucks!

Warning: violence

@Red POV@
After what happened yesterday I was on edge. Having been yelled at like that by my sweetheart it wasn't fun. I rub my right shoulder. Damn it still stung. Edge really does do a number when he wants answers and I refuse. He gets that from the old man.
"Oh,Red!" Well shit. I start to speed up when my right arm is grabbed and pulled back. 
"The fuck do you want ya perverted little bitch." I growl at Lust. 
"Now now you know how fast stuff gets around here. You have to introduce me to the girl." He says back with a huge grin. 
"No way. The sweetheart ain't gonna meet ya." I turn and start walking. 
"You're so mean Red. I just want to introduce myself." He says while walking with me. My phone goes off.
Classic: anyone with her?
Swapshit: no…
me: no
Blue: I thought Dream was. 
Dream: well I was. She went to the bathroom and not like I'm allowed to go in there with her.
Me: why, what's going on?
Classic: not sure, just a feeling. 
"Red are you listening to me? I want to-"
"SHUT UP!" I yell at him. I start running through everything in my mind and take off running. 
@Normal POV@ *the start of lunch*
"Hey (Y/N), since Gaster healed your collarbone, wanna climb that tree with me and read?" Dream asks you. You grin at him.
"Of course! Tree climbing is awesome." 
"Just don't go too high up. I don't want a repeat of last time." You laugh as he pulls you towards him by the waist. You'd gotten used to him and the others doing this now. Suddenly he pulls you to his chest and leads you in a waltz to your locker. You giggle the whole time. It was so damn random. He lets you go and laughs while you grab your book. "Wanna take a little shortcut?" He opens a portal and you eye it uneasily. "I see one of the others took you on their shortcuts. Don't worry this isn't like that."
"Okay." You say and step through it. He was right. You both were standing in front of the three and you start climbing. Soon you get to a sturdy branch and sit. You open your novel and sigh slightly, you need a new book, this one was almost done.
Dream settles on a branch close to you as you start to read. "How are your bruises feeling?" He asks.
"Almost gone now." You say without looking up.
"Do you really not know what happened?"
You look up at him. "I don't know what happened. Only that everyone laughed at it." You had a pretty good idea but weren't sure.
"Who was all around?" You sigh and close your book. 
"Dream, I'd rather not talk about it if you don't mind. I know that you're trying to help but this is something I have to deal with myself. You're a great friend though."
"Look I know that it was traumatic for you but those emotions aren't good to hold in." He jumps to the branch you're on and sits in front of you. "I'd like to help you. I care about you after all." You look away from his golden eyelights full of concern. 
"Dream I have to use the bathroom. I'll be back in a few. Mind holding onto my book till I get back?" You hold it out to him and he looks at you concerned. He sighs and takes it and you start climbing down the tree. A couple feet off the ground you jump down and rush to the closest bathroom. On the way there your eyes start to water. 
Once you're to the bathroom you push the door open and go in. Luckily its empty and you let out a soft sob. You didn't know what to do. You wanted to trust your friends but you were so scared. Suddenly you hear the door lock and you whirl around. You see Error there in all of his glitchy glory. You get terrified. 
"E-Error you aren't supposed to be in here."
"(Y/N) Y-y-YoU a-A-aRe sO s-StUpId. I c-CaN dO w-WhAt I w-WaNt." He said and you back up. But you start to get mad. Your eyes showed defiance to him.
"This is the girl's bathroom and you aren't a gir-" suddenly you're legs are pulled out from under you. You smack your head on the floor hard. "Ugh… what the hell?" You look and see blue strings wrapped around your legs. Suddenly you're completely wrapped in them so you couldn't move. Error has a wicked grin on his face. 
"L-l-LiStEn. I-iF yOu K-kNoW wHaT's G-gOoD fOr YoU. D-d-DoN't CoMe B-b-BaCk!" He says. Suddenly you're flung around hitting the walls and stalls. You can feel your bones cracking and breaking but can't even let a whimper. Then there were bone attacks on the walls too causing many cuts and stab wounds all over you. After about ten minutes, that seemed like hours to you, it finally stops. You're dropped to the floor and Error gives you a look that says that you're dead if you tell anyone before he unlocks the door and teleports out. You quickly feel yourself get pulled into the coming darkness. 
@Rus POV@
I was anxious. I wasn't the only one though. Red and Sans were to. Dream seems to be in a panic. He really does care for her like us. 
"She didn't come back. We were sitting in the tree outside but its been like 15 minutes but she's still not there!" Dream sputters out in a panic. I look to Sans.
"Dream, calm down. We'll find her. What's the closest bathroom to where you were?"
"Probably the one in A wing, the ones by the bus doors." He says and I teleport outside them. I see Undyne there, Sans' Undyne that is.
"Rus, what are you doing her-" she starts but is cut off by Alphys yelling from the bathroom. 
"U-Undyne! C-come in here! F-fast!" She opens the door and I smell blood. A lot of it. 
"Alph, the hell is going on?" She runs in and I hear her gasp slightly. "(Y/N)?!" She yells and I rush in. Laying there is (Y/N) she's battered and the whole bathroom is bloody. 
"Undyne." She looks at me. "I'll take her to the hospital. You get a teacher. Alphys get Sans." I walk over and pick (Y/N) up. "We're going to the one Gaster works at."
I teleport to the hospital and rush into the hospital. The nurses immediately jump into action. They take her from my arms and take her into the ER. They asked for her name and what happened. I told them what I could but that wasn't a whole lot. Soon I hear Sans and the others there and Gaster comes into the waiting room.
"Boys." We all look up at him.
"Dad…." Sans says and walks to his father. "Will she be okay?"
"I expect that she will be. This wasn't done by mistake though. What happened?"
"She was with me at lunch…" Dream starts. "I was asking about last week then she went to the bathroom….. I waited and waited for her to come back…." he was crying, all of us were. Blue hugs his friend tightly and got a hug back.
"Lust was followin me round when Sans texted askin if any of us were with her…." Red says next. "Sayin he had one of those feelin's so I booked it to where they were….."
I sigh and continue.  "Then about five minutes later Dream comes to us saying she still hadn't come back…. so I asked where the closest bathroom was….. I teleported outside it to see Undyne but then Alphys started yelling for help….. when the door was opened all you could smell was blood….. when I heard her name I went in myself…...I saw…… well her…. in that mess…… told Undyne to get a teacher, Alphys to tell Sansthat I was bringing her here then did that…. you know the rest….." 
"You did the right thing Rus." Gaster said. "Thank whatever god there is that she has her father's blood type. His was common. Her mother's wasn't." He sighs and runs a hand along his face. "I already called her Aunt. Clover should be here soon. You boys need to go back to school."
"No way." We all say.
"I'm not leaving her here. Not without seeing her first." I say.
"Do I need to call your parents or guardian?" Gaster says. 
"Dad…. please let us stay…. we're the only ones who will calm her down when she wakes up…" Sans pleads.
"You missed a lot of school last week Sans. You guys need to go to class to be able to explain what happened. After that if you insist you can come back." Gaster said. Blue and Dream look at each other and nod. Red scoffs and wipes his eyes. Sans looks down and I sigh.
"Fine, we'll do that. Sans, come on, we'll be back as soon as possible. " I say.
".....I'm not going……" he says.
"Sans, she will still be here in a couple hours." Gaster says. 
Red gets up and grabs his jacket. "Classic, we can't help her by stayin here. We gotta tell what's been goin on."
"But, we have to see her first." I say.
"Fine. Just don't freak out when you see her." Gaster says and leads us to the room she's in. "She's in there."
The five of us go in and Blue sobs. She has lots or equipment hooked to her. One is an IV with a blood transfusion in it. I had to look away. Sans walks over to her and takes his hoodie off. "Don't worry, starshine. We'll get whoever it was that did this to you to justice." He says softly and folds his hoodie up before putting it under her head as a pillow. Red walks over to her next and puts his jacket over her as a blanket. 
"Classic is right. We'll get 'em. We ain't judges for nothin." 
Blue and Dream go over at the same time. Blue gently takes her hand and kisses her palm. "I'll protect you…. I swear…." 
"Blue is right. We'll protect you. Just stay with us….." Dream says. They both take their scarfs off. Dream loosely around her neck and Blue puts his I'm your hand. I go up to her last and brush her hair back behind her ear.
"Keep fighting…. we'll be back soon, sweets." I whisper her. I put her phone in her hand and send her a picture that I'd managed to take yesterday. She was laughing hard at a joke Sans had said while leaning into Red. The smile on her face was the purest thing in any of the universes. "Come on guys. Let's go now. We have work to do."