chapter 52: Who is that

Spending time with your friends made the time go by so fast. Before you know it, its two days before the talent show. You're over at the twins place having Dream putting the finishing touches on your outfit. Dream pokes you with his needle yet again. You hiss and frown at him.
"Hehe, sorry bout that." 
"You're lucky I like you."
"Well that should do it anyways." He moves back and nods.
You look in the mirror and blink. You were in a mostly black dress that stopped mid thigh. It had bubblegum pink and baby blue trim. There was a huge blue and pink bow in the back. There was a removable sleeve on my right arm. There were sweeping arms along the chest and sleeve. There were also knee high boots with baby blue trim. 
(The dress at the top.)
You look to Dream in shock. "D-dream. T-this is-" the door flies open to reveal Ink in a matching outfit.
"Aren't you done yet-" he trails off when he sees you. "Holy shit….." he whispers as his face explodes into a rainbow hue.
You blush darkly. "D-dream the dress it beautiful." You say. He giggles before dragging you out of the room towards where the others were. The others look up when you come into the livingroom. Blue, Nightmare, Sans, Comet and Red were all there. They stare at you while blushing. 
"HOLY CRAP!" Blue exclaims. 
"You look really nice." Comet says with stary eyes. Your blush deepens. Sans Nightmare and Red look at you shocked. You look down shyly before Red gets up. You hide behind your hair. You feel your face being pulled up. You look you see Red looking at you seriously before leaning in close to you ear and whispering.
"You look hot, sweetheart."
Your face goes even more flushed. "Red, stop teasing her." Sans says and you run over to him. You hug him and hide your face against the hood of his jacket. He gently rubs circles on the back of your neck. 
"Y-you do look good though." Nightmare says. Sans looks at his phone.
"Buttercup wants to see. Stand up, stand over there then spin. I'll take some pictures too." You do as he asks and do a couple spins before posing for some pictures. 
"O-okay, I'm going to get changed back!" You run back upstairs and get changed into your clothes from school. You put the dress on the hanger and in the garment bag for it before going downstairs. You see the boys talking and Ink is in his artist clothing.
"I'm back!" You say as you jump the last few stairs.  They all look at you and grin. You go over to Nightmare and hug him. Then go around to do the same to the rest of your friends. "Red, Auntie asked us to go home a bit early. She wants the four of us to have supper together and a "family" night." Clover had pretty much adopted the boys and Red chuckles.
"Alright. Later guys." He wraps an arm around your waist and teleports you to your house.
"We're home!" You call out. Clover comes over and hugs you two. Behind her you see a man that looks similar to how your father did. He was in his mid fifties though. Red pulls you behind him. "W-who is that?..." you ask.
"This is Henrique. He's your fathers half brother."
"Then why the hell hasn't he been around?" Red growls.
"Now now young man, you should calm down." The stranger says in Spanish. He must not know much English. 
"Yeah no. You stay away from her."
"Red….. no fights……" you whimper out. He glances back at your terrified form. He sighs.
"She doesn't know ya. You're scaring her." He turns to you and hugs you.
"Red please try to understand. After her grandfather came over here and had her father Carlos and Henrique didn't have the chance to get close. He only got the chance to find about what happened to them about a month ago." 
"That doesn't change the fact that shes terrified. She'll go into a panic attack this way. I'm gonna take her upstairs." He picks you up and you wrap your arms and legs around him. He carries you upstairs and into your room. He puts you on your bed then puts his jacket on you. He goes and puts on the radio. A song you love comes on as he does and you decide to sing along with it.
"I'm five years old,
It's getting cold,
I've got my big coat on.
I hear your laugh,
And look up smiling at you.
I run and run,
Past the pumpkin patch,
And the tractor rides,
Look now, the sky is gold.
I hug your legs,
And fall asleep on the way home.
I don't know why all the trees change in the fall,
But I know you're not scared of anything at all.
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away,
But I know I had the best day with you today." You sing out and your voice gets choked up. You notice Red had hung up your dress and was sitting next to you.
"I'm thirteen now,
And don't know how.
My friends could be so mean,
I come home crying.
And you hold me tight,
And grab the keys.
And we drive and drive,
Until we find a town far enough away,
And we talk and window shop.
'Till I forgotten all their names,
I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school.
But I know I'm laughing,
On the car ride home with you.
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay.
But I know I had the best day with you today." Red pulls you to him and you cling to his arm. He winces slightly and you look up at him and frown.
"I have an excellent father,
His strength is making me stronger.
God smiles on my little brother,
Inside and out he's better than I am.
I grew up in a pretty house,
And I've got space to run and hide,
And I had the best days with you.
There is a video I found,
From back when I was three.
You set up a paint set in the kitchen,
And you're talking to me.
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships,
And the seven dwarfs,
And Daddy's smart,
And you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world.
And now I know why all the trees change in the fall.
I know you were on my side,
Even when I was wrong.
And I love you for giving me your eyes,
Staying back and watching me shine.
And, I didn't know if you knew,
So I'm taking this chance to say,
That I had the best day with you today."
You finish the song and flip Red over. He looks at you with a deep blush on his face. 
"Show me your arm." He starts to sweat.
"W-why?...." 
"Its not a debatable thing. I'll get Edge in here if you dont." He sighs and holds out his arm. And you take it and pull his sleeve up. You see it all bandaged up. "Red, you gotta stop doing this." He looks away in shame.
".....I know…." You hug him.
"What happened this time?"
"The normal shit….." you pull his head to your chest and you notice him blushing.
"Instead of doing that stuff come to me. Any time of the day or night. Promise me." He closes his eyes without saying anything. You pin him to the bed and make him look at you. "Promise me!" You insist. 
"I-I….."
"Please Red. Remember what I said that day? The day after I found out about all this?" He closes his eyes and nods. "You know that I still mean that. You're one of my best friends. I love you. You're important to me. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad we met each other." His skull was bright red. "Promise me that you'll come to me when you're feeling like that."
"O-okay…. I-I promise….." He says and you flop down beside him. You wrap your arms around him tightly. 
"Stay here….. I'm worried about you….."
"Alright sweetheart. I have a question."
"Yeah?"
"Ya wanna know that guy?" You blink in shock.
"He scares me…. Has the same type of aura that Error does….."
"Well ya dont hafta do anythin you dont wanna." Theres three precise knocks on the door.
"Edge?" You call out and pull Red's sleeve down again. 
"THE ONE AND ONLY."
"Come on in then." Edge slips into your room.
"IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?"
"Meh." You shrug. "Come here, let's all relax together."