CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Molly soon informed them all that Arthur was okay, and Bill was currently staying with him at the hospital while he slept. This certainly calmed everyone's nerves and put them in a better mood, allowing them to finally go up to bed and catch up on some sleep before lunch. Their belongings arrived from Hogwarts while they were eating, allowing them to get dressed so they didn't have to go to St. Mungo's in their pajamas. Tonks and Moody arrived to escort them to the hospital.

"I told you I'd see you again soon," Tonks said, pulling Arabella and Ginny into a hug. "Of course I wish it was under better circumstances."

"Don't we all," Ginny agreed.

"So, Bella, I see you've changed up your look a bit. Last time I saw you, you were pretty adamant on letting it continue to grow. What changed?"

Arabella shrugged. "Quite a bit changed, actually," she said awkwardly with a sideways glance at Ginny. "I'll tell you later if you'll be sticking around."

"Oh, well, now I have to."

Shortly after that conversation, they all left on their way to St. Mungo's. They would be walking and taking a train to get there. It wasn't a short journey by any means, leading Arabella to become impatient after a while, as she just wanted to see for herself that her father was all right. Finally, they made it to a shabby-looking building in the middle of London with window displays of very awful-looking dummies. Tonks walked right up to one, looking directly at one of the dummies.

"Wotcher... we're here to see Arthur Weasley," she said quietly.

The dummy nodded slightly and beckoned them all forward. Tonks ushered Molly, Ginny, and Arabella through the glass. On the other side was a hospital waiting room.

"Woah," Arabella whispered, looking around. This was the first time she had ever been to St. Mungo's.

Molly led them all over to the queue behind the inquiries desk and the others joined them soon after.

When they finally reached the front of the line, Molly said to the witch seated at the desk, "Hello. My husband, Arthur Weasley, was supposed to be moved to a different ward this morning, could you tell us - ?"

"Arthur Weasley?" the witch repeated, checking her list. "Yes, first floor, second door on the right, Dai Llewellyn ward."

"Thank you. Come on, you lot."

Molly continued to lead the way until they reached the door leading to the room Arthur was in.

"We'll wait outside, Molly," Tonks said. "Arthur won't want too many visitors at once... it ought to be just the family first."

And so the Weasleys entered. Harry tried to hang back with Moody and Tonks but Molly told him he could come in, as Arthur would want to thank him. Upon seeing her father awake and sitting up, it took all of Arabella's willpower not to run over to him and hug him as hard as she could. Instead, she walked over to him in a normal pace and she and Ginny took the light hug he offered. He quickly conjured up seven chairs so that they could all sit around him. He said that he was feeling fine and that he could go home if it weren't for the poison the snake's fangs had preventing his wounds from closing; however, he was sure to mention that the Healers told him they had seen worse cases than his and were sure they would find an antidote soon. He also told them about the two other people in the ward with him, one that had been bitten by a werewolf and another than had been bitten by something else but would not say what.