CHAPTER ELEVEN

On the 11th of August, Arabella was woken up, as she was every year on this very day, by Ginny jumping up and down on her bed.

"Ow! Ginny, my legs! You're jumping on my legs!" she screeched.

"Maybe I wouldn't have to if you would just get up!" Ginny countered, jumping off of the bed now that she had achieved her goal of awaking her sister. She ran out of the room to the bedroom Evelyn was staying in.

Hermione looked at a frazzled Arabella with an apologetic expression. "I told her to go about it differently," she said.

"It's fine, Mione, I'm used to it," Arabella said, swinging her legs over to the side of her bed, wincing a bit. "You can go down for breakfast, I'll be there in a minute."

Hermione left to the kitchen, leaving Arabella alone long enough to get dressed and ready for the day. Afterwards, she also went down to the kitchen, her stomach growling loudly.

When she walked in, she saw a cake on the table in front of Ginny and Evelyn, who were, as usual, sitting next to each other with broad smiles.

"We're having cake for breakfast?" Arabella asked hopefully.

"Don't be silly, Bella," Molly said, just finishing up the actual meal. "Cake waits until after breakfast. We're just allowing the birthday girls to blow out the candles beforehand." She beamed at the newly fourteen-year-olds.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot you two shared a birthday. Happy birthday, Evelyn."

"Thanks, Arabella," said Evelyn.

Ginny cleared her throat, awaiting her 'happy birthday.'

Arabella turned to Ron with a confused expression. "Do you hear something?" she asked him.

Ron shook his head. "No," he said.

Hermione rolled her eyes at the two, trying to suppress her giggles so Ginny wouldn't become angry with her.

"Next time, I'll be sure to jump on your head," Ginny grumbled.

After the actual breakfast was finished and cake was served, Arthur left and came back shortly after, poking his head into the kitchen.

"Bella, step out here for a moment, won't you?" he requested. He went to leave again, but stopped when Arabella spoke.

"Am I in trouble? What'd I do?" she asked.

"No, you're not in trouble. As for if you've done something, I have no idea. I just want a word with you."

"But I'm only spoken to alone when I'm in trouble," she called after him. This time, he did not stick his head back in to explain more, so she looked to her mother, seeking some sort of further explanation.

"You're not in trouble, dear. Just go," Molly told her. She had a slight smile on her face.

Nervously, Arabella got up from her seat and left the kitchen. She was sure that her father was going to want to speak with her about Draco until he handed her a package as soon as the door closed behind her.