CHAPTER FOURTEEN

That next morning, Professor McGonagall once again came to visit the Weasleys in the common room, but this time, she came with good news.

"Your sister is in the infirmary, along with your parents," she said. "You are welcome to go and see them if you would like."

After exchanging excited looks, Percy, Fred, George, and Arabella raced to the hospital wing. They burst in and after spotting Ginny, alive and alert, Madam Pomfrey had to stop them from attacking her with hugs. Arabella, so relieved to see her sister was okay, burst into tears as she held the shaken girl's hand.

Just minutes later, Ron entered the room with Professor Lockhart. Lockhart seemed completely out of it. After having a brief conversation with Madam Pomfrey, Ron joined his family. He and Ginny explained to their siblings what had happened in the Chamber of Secrets, and they were all very proud to hear that he, along with Harry, were to be getting Special Awards for Services to the School and had earned 200 points each for Gryffindor. On top of that, Hagrid was to be released from Azkaban.

While waiting for the feast to begin later that day, everyone (not including those in Slytherin, who only seemed to be in a good mood when something bad was happening) was in high spirits. The whole Chamber of Secrets ordeal was over, the school would not be closing, and everyone who had been Petrified was given the Restorative Draught. Some of them were in the Great Hall about to enjoy the feast, and others were still in the hospital wing. Among those still in the infirmary was Hermione, and Arabella hoped to be able to see her soon.

Just then, he hopes came true. "Harry! It's Hermione," said Neville, motioning towards the entrance to the Great Hall. Ron, Arabella, and Harry all looked that way to see Hermione smiling at them. Arabella, too excited to wait for her, got up out of her chair, tripping slightly as she went, and began to run towards Hermione, her long red hair streaming behind her.

Hermione met her halfway and both girls forgot to slow down as they wrapped their arms around each other, spinning around and struggling not to fall over. They embraced for a few moments before linking arms and walking back towards Harry and Ron, who had gotten out of their seats as well.

Hermione excitedly hugged Harry, but when they pulled away and she was faced by Ron, both of them became awkward. They stood there and stared at each other and Arabella and Harry exchanged a knowing look. Finally, Hermione and Ron shook hands.

"Welcome back, Hermione," said Ron.

"It's good to be back," said Hermione. "Congratulations, I can't believe you solved it!"

"Well, we had loads of help from you," Harry said modestly. "We couldn't have done it without you."

"Thanks."

Their conversation came to an end when Professor McGonagall tapped her spoon on her glass and called for attention. The group of four hurriedly sat down and Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Before we begin the feast," he said, "let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified." At this, there was applause, and Arabella squealed and again hugged Hermione. "Also, in light of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." The applause was louder for this announcement, as the Slytherins finally joined in.

"Oh, no," Hermione groaned.

"Oh, Mione," Arabella said, rolling her eyes, "just be happy you don't have to study so much. Even you have to admit it's quite tedious."

The applause continued until the double doors to the Great Hall opened. Everyone shifted their attention that way and saw Hagrid entering.

"Sorry I'm late," he said. "The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." Ron and Arabella exchanged an embarrassed look. Hagrid approached them, Harry, and Hermione. "And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, and Ron and Bella, and Hermione, of course, I would, uh, still be you-know-where, so I'd just like to say thanks."

Harry stood up. "There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid," he said and hugged him. Ron, Arabella, and Hermione all smiled up at Hagrid, the girls with tears in their eyes.

Up at the teacher's table, Dumbledore stood up and began to clap. Soon, the rest of the teachers joined in, and the students as well.

[word count: 776]
[written: 4/23/20]
[published: 5/23/20]