CHAPTER NINETEEN

The next morning, after opening presents and attending breakfast, Arabella was sat on her bed facing Lavender and Parvati, grudgingly allowing them to bombard her with questions. Hermione was there, too, sitting on her own bed, pretending to be immersed in a book when in reality, she was there to make sure nothing went awry between her roommates.

"Who asked who?" Lavender asked.

"He asked me, obviously," Arabella answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know, Lavender, I can't read his mind!"

"Do you like each other?"

"Well, seeing as we kissed, I would think so."

"You kissed?" all three girls asked. Hermione appeared the most shocked, putting her book down on the bed and completely forgetting about it.

"Oh, um... I didn't mention that?"

"No!" Hermione exclaimed. "You didn't say a word last night!"

"Well, in all fairness, Hermione, you were crying your eyes out for hours," Parvati reminded her. At the glare she received from the brunette and her best friend, she backed down and changed the subject. "So does that mean you're dating then?"

"Yes? I'm not sure, we didn't really talk about that," Arabella admitted.

"Did you talk at all?" Lavender asked, raising her eyebrows. Arabella did not like what she was implying.

"Yes, Lavender, we talked. We talked quite a lot, actually. Just not about that."

"Do your brothers know?" Parvati asked.

"That I went to the ball with him? Ron does, and probably Fred and George since they were there, too."

"What about Ginny?"

"Yes, she knows."

"How long have you liked him?" Lavender asked.

Arabella hesitated. "I don't know."

"You don't seem to know about a lot."

"All right, I think that's enough nosy questions for one day," Hermione cut in. Parvati and Lavender exchanged irritated looks.

Just then, there was a tapping on the window, and they looked to see the source of the noise: an eagle owl with a letter tied to its leg. Arabella hurriedly let it in and took the letter. Hermione looked over her shoulder as she opened and read it.

Meet me in the Astronomy Tower. - Draco

Arabella looked at Hermione with an urgent expression. "Do I look okay?" she asked her.

"Yes, you look fine," Hermione reassured her.

"Great, thanks, bye!" Arabella left the letter, the eagle owl, and her roommates behind as she rushed out of the dormitory.

"What do we do about... that?" Lavender asked, looking at the eagle owl apprehensively.

Hermione rolled her eyes and opened the window to let the owl out.