CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Arabella had told Ginny about her deal with Draco the next day. She had had the same reaction as the others, which Arabella was relieved to hear, but then questioned Arabella about fancying Draco. Of course, Arabella heavily denied this, but unfortunately, Ginny didn't buy it and would often joke about it with Seamus and Dean.

The exam results were posted on the last day of term. As usual, Arabella got perfect marks, some of them even more than perfect. Due to her cramped schedule and the stress it brought on, Hermione performed lesser than she usually did, and she and Arabella got the same score on their Charms exam. Because of her results, Hermione chose to drop Muggle Studies, allowing her to have a normal schedule when starting her fourth year.

Arabella was pleased to see that Seamus and Dean had both passed every class, and was ecstatic when she saw Draco's results. He had managed a perfect score in his Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts exams. She immediately went up to her dormitory to write him a small letter telling him to meet her in the Astronomy Tower and then went straight to the Owlery. She 'borrowed' Percy's owl Hermes without asking him and then went to the Astronomy Tower to wait.

Fifteen minutes later he finally arrived while Arabella was looking out at the Hogwarts grounds. "The Astronomy Tower's out of bounds," he said, although when Arabella turned to look at him, he had a small grin on his face.

"Oh, well. You've already ruined my chances of becoming a prefect in fifth year, anyway," she said.

"Sorry about that."

"Oh, no, it's quite all right. Of course, my mother won't see it that way, but maybe Ginny'll manage it. Either way, if I became a prefect, Fred and George would probably never speak to me again. Although, that doesn't sound all that bad." As Draco moved to stand next to her, they both shifted their gaze out to the grounds, where Hogwarts students were now coming out to enjoy the sunshine. "Beautiful, isn't it? The view? I'm going to miss it when we go home tomorrow. However, I do quite enjoy climbing onto my roof to stargaze at night when I can't sleep. The climb is quite difficult and I probably wouldn't be able to manage it if I didn't have ten years experience. I fell when I was about five. I almost died. But my dad arrived home from work just in time and saved me. Since then, I've been forbidden to do it, but I never stopped. I think Mum and Dad know that but they know it won't do any good to scold me. Just like they've stopped yelling at Fred and George for the explosions."

"Explosions?"

"Oh, yeah. We've been hearing them in their room for years. We figure they just like the noise." She turned to look at Draco. "I saw your exam results, by the way. I'm proud of you."

A smile broke across his face no matter how hard he tried to hide it. "I couldn't have done it without you, Belle."

Arabella blushed when she heard the nickname. "Belle?"

"Oh, I'm sorry-"

"No, no, I like it."

They both looked away from each other, blushing hard.

Just then, they heard yelling from below them and looked down just in time to see someone flying through the air on a broomstick.

"That's Harry! He must've gotten a new broomstick!" said Arabella, recognizing him as he flew by very close to the tower they were in.

Later on in the day, Arabella was very sad to hear that Professor Lupin had resigned due to Professor Snape telling the Slytherins that he was a werewolf. She only hoped that Dumbledore managed to secure someone just as good or maybe even better to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts before she graduated.

On the train ride home, Ron came rushing into the compartment she sat in with Seamus, Dean, Ginny, and Evelyn, holding a very small owl in his hands.

"Bella! We've got an owl!" he exclaimed.

"What? How?" Arabella asked, getting up to take a better look at the owl.

"I'll tell you that later," he said, eyeing Seamus, Dean, and Evelyn.

"Oh. Okay. Right. Um... well, what do we name him?"

"I'm not sure."

Ginny got up out of her seat as well and considered the bird for a moment before saying, "Pigwidgeon. Pig for short."

Ron and Arabella exchanged a confused look. "Pig? Why on earth do you want to name him Pig?"

"Why not? Have you got any other ideas?"

The twins looked at each other and shrugged.

"Oh, and also," Ron said, "Harry's staying with us this summer for the World Cup. I've already decided."

"Oh, well, so is Mione," said Arabella.

"And Evie," Ginny added. Evelyn gave a small wave.

"Oh my," Arabella muttered, realizing just how full their house would be over the summer holidays.

[word count: 843]
[written: 4/29/20]
[published: 5/31/20]