CHAPTER SEVEN

The group of seven decided to go to Ron's room since it was the emptiest and take turns playing Wizard's Chess. Instead of joining them, Oliver left to a different part of the house to do his own thing, feeling out of place since he was the only one of them that had graduated from Hogwarts.

While the rest of them watched Ginny and Ron play, Arabella decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

"I'm sorry I asked about your parents," she whispered to Faustus. "I had no idea."

"It's fine. Really," he said. "I've told people about it so many times it doesn't really bother me anymore. Besides, it wasn't you that asked. It was your brother."

"Well, I didn't exactly stop him. If he hadn't asked, I would have."

They were quiet for a moment before Faustus asked, "So, if I've heard correctly, you're the one dating Draco Malfoy, right?"

Arabella was a bit surprised to hear that he knew. She was so used to keeping it a secret that she forgot that most of the people she went to school with knew. "Yeah. I don't know how much longer that's going to last, though."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, seeing as I'm not allowed to write to him while we're here, he's going to think I've been ignoring him all summer. That's what I would think if I were in his shoes."

"Just explain it to him the best you can when you see him next. I know you can't tell him much, but I'm sure just telling him that your parents wouldn't allow it will do the trick."

Arabella sighed. "I suppose so. I just miss him. I hope he's all right."

"The way that he brags about his home, I'm sure he's just fine."

She chuckled. "I can't argue with you there."

"I told you so, Ginny. It's not my fault you've got a big head," Ron said as he had just won the match of Wizard's Chess.

"I've got a big head? Do you hear yourself?" Ginny questioned.

"I hear myself just fine. All five of my senses are in perfect condition, unlike someone." He looked to his twin.

"Okay, I get it, my vision is impaired! Must you point it out every day?" Arabella said.

"Yes." Suddenly, Arabella grabbed the pillow from Ron's bed and chucked it at him, hitting him in the face. "Hey! Don't use my own pillow against me!"

"Then don't be such a git!"

"Both of you, shut up," Ginny said.

"You shut up!" the twins told her.

"No, seriously, stop talking and listen," Hermione said. Everyone fell silent, listening to the distant voices seeming to come from the hall down in the basement.

"The meeting's over," Fraser voiced.

All at once, they all got up from where they sat and rushed out of the room and down to the first floor landing. Arabella caught sight of Lupin and slid down the bannister to meet him before he left.

"Bella!" Molly exclaimed, seeing what her daughter had just done.

"Not now, Mum," Arabella said before turning to Lupin with a smile. "Hello again, Professor."

"Hello, Arabella," he replied. "Do you need something?"

"Yes, actually. I need you to come back to Hogwarts. You see, we are in need of a good Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who is not being impersonated. No offense, Professor Moody."

"None taken," Moody said from a few feet away.

"Just think about it, Professor. Think of the benefits. You'll get to teach me again! Wasn't that a lovely experience last time?"

Lupin laughed. "You could say that, yes."

"So what about it?"

"I would love to, but I really can't. The parents didn't like the idea of a werewolf teaching their children when they found out two years ago and they won't like it now. Besides, I've got Order business now to keep me busy."

"Oh, who cares what those stuck up parents think-"

"That is enough, Arabella!" Molly scolded, grabbing her daughter's arm and ending the conversation between her and her previous professor. "I'm sorry, Remus."

"Oh, it's quite all right, Molly," Lupin said. "The girl is just passionate about her education is all."

"Yeah! What he said!" Arabella agreed.

"You go to your room," Molly told her. "If you want to learn so bad, you can go do your schoolwork."

"Fine," she huffed. "Bye, Professor."

"Goodbye, Arabella," Lupin responded.

She unhappily made her way up the stairs to the first floor, where the others were still standing on the landing having just witnessed the whole exchange. Ron was sniggering.

"Shut up, Ron," she spat.

[word count: 785]
[written: 6/17/20]
[published: 7/1/20]