Chapter Seventy

Chapter Seventy w/ note :

Louis' P.O.V (A bit rare...spicing things up a bit lol.)

"Charlie! Megan! Back so soon?" I tried to say casually. Megan looked at me suspiciously, but shook it off. Her and Charlie both held two medium shopping bags from Primark and Ikea. "And with only four bags? Don't you think you need to go back out and shop?"

Megan put her bags on the floor so she could easily remove her coat, scarf, and gloves. "We were out all day. I think we've spent enough money, and deserve a bit of a rest. In my case, maybe a two day nap? That would be nice."

"Yeah. I'm tired, too," Charlie agreed as she took off her coat and put it on one of the hangers of the coat rack. She removed her black gloves off her hands, and stuffed them into the pocket of her navy blue coat so she wouldn't loose them. "How was your day with Zayn?"

"Great. Uh, we went out to eat...and bought a few things, didn't we, Zayn?" I took Charlie by the waist, and had her stroll over to the couch with me. Zayn was already trying to casually sit, but he kept fidgeting by changing which leg to cross over the other leg and pretending to look at a women's fashion catalogue. "We went to that...that store. Y'know, the one that sells stuff, yeah?"

"Oh, yeah," Zayn lookes up from the magazine. "I got that blue-I mean, red...uh, toaster, that toasts toast. It's really cool."

"A toaster that toasts toast?" Charlie asked. "Wouldn't that burn your toast if you toasted it again? I mean, you place the bread in the toaster, and you buy a separate toaster to toast it again? That doesn't make sense."

"I like my toast black," Zayn replied.

"Since when?" Megan sat down next to him. "Just yesterday you made yourself toast, burnt the crust, and tossed it out into the trash bin after freaking out over it like a drama queen."

"I was tired. Couldn't think straight," Zayn went back to reading the magazine. Megan took it out of his hands, and tossed it to the coffee table.

"You woke up at one in the afternoon."

"Like I said, it's a really cool toaster," Zayn nodded his head rapidly. I mentally facepalmed. "Did I mention it was blue-uh, I mean purp-no, wait, red? Because I like the color red...like, uh, Ariel's hair," Zayn motioned to the princess Ariel doll Zara or Ariana left laying out on the rug. "Pretty red. Like electric...so cool. It can toast my toast anyda-"

I coughed, interrupting Zayn. "So, um, what did you ladies buy today?"

Charlie got off the couch and went to get her bags. I glanced over to the kitchen door. Laura was peaking out. I gave her the sign that looked like I was cutting my neck. Charlie returned, and rose an eyebrow at me.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"...I saw a ghost."

Charlie rolled her eyes, and sat back down. She opened the Primark bag, and pulled out a blue dress. "I got this, and I have this belt at-"

"Red is better," Zayn blurted.

"Pardon?" Megan asked.

"I, uh...blue is cool," Zayn's voice went a little high. "Like...fifth color of the rainbow. Awesome. It's totally in style. Blue is the new black...." Zayn closed his mouth right after he said that. He turned over to Megan. "What did you buy, sweetie?"

"I'm just going to ignore that sweetie part," Megan quietly laughed and she got up to get her bags.

Charlie folded up her dress, and put it down on her lap. "For your information, Zayn, they had no red. I also was invited to a fashion expo this weekend by a friend I made in my fashion class, and the rules are clothing, accessories, and shoes must be blue. I'd look crazy if I wore red."