Chapter Seventy Seven

Chapter Seventy Seven w/ note :

Charlie's P.O.V

"This night just keeps getting better and better."

"And your sarcasm keeps getting better and better, too!"

I held my hands together like a proud mother, and wore a fake smile on my lips. Even though darkness crowded around us and it was hard to see each other in glorious detail, I still thought this was necessary.

"Keep up the great work, Liam! Once you hit ten points, you'll get a free drink from Starbucks!"

I imagined Liam rolling his eyes.

"Do you have your phone on you?" he asked.

"No. Why?" I crossed my arms.

"We could use the light from it to see."

"Oh. I thought you wanted me to teach you how to use the weather app, because you clearly don't know how to as you walked into your flat soaking wet from rain," I said. Liam let out a bitter and fake laugh. "Anyway, let's help each other find a light switch and flick it on."

"Great idea, Charlie! Just let me go and fix the power, so that we have the ability to do that," I could see the outline of Liam's body motion behind him. "Then after, we can find our phones and then use my idea by flicking the lights off."

"I'm sensing you're going to explode with all this sarcasm any minute now, so I'll just go and feel for my phone before I push you to that limit," I uncrossed my arms and slowly tried my best to get to the couch. It was going pretty well, until I tripped on the leg of the coffee table, and fell onto the carpet.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked.

"Splendid," I said. I pushed myself up, and felt around for my phone on the couch cushions. I couldn't exactly remember where I placed it last. I know I used it out in the kitchen, but I also remember holding it in my hand while I threw the blankets and pillows down...

I then felt the electronic device in between the cushions. I held it up in victory.

"Liam, I found it!"

"You found your phone?"

"No, I found something even better!" I exclaimed. "Eternal glory!"

"Seriously?"

"Yes, I found my phone. Guess who's the sarcasm master now?"

"Just turn your phone on so we can see."

"Fine," I said. I turned on my phone, and typed in my pass code. I turned the brightness all the way up, and tapped my finger on my flashlight app. It brightened up the whole room. "And God said, 'let there be light'!"

Liam laughed.

I sprinted over to where he was, and the two of us walked side by side to the kitchen. Liam poured the two of us glasses of water. I took my glass happily.

"Cheers!" I said. I tapped my glass to his, not taking note that he was already lifting it up to his mouth to drink.

The water from the glass soaked through his shirt.

My eyes grew wide. "I'm so sorry, Liam. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," Liam waved it off. "I stand corrected, though. This night does just keep getting better and better."

"Here," I tossed him a towel.

"Thanks," he said, catching it.

He dried off his shirt. Or at least, he attempted to by dabbing it softly. I turned around on my heel, making my way to the coach for a good night rest. "Good night, Liam."