Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four w/ note (feat. Louis & Zayn) :

 Louis' P.O.V

"So..." Emily looked out the window, and then towards me. "How's the band?"

"Good. We just got back from tour," I turned towards her. "Why?"

Emily shrugged. "I thought starting a conversation would be better than having an awkward silence the entire time."

I looked back towards the road. We were almost to the airport, but there was no sign of Charlie anywhere. Nobody was walking on the side of the road. The only thing I saw was cars, cars, and more cars, along with some dark, grey clouds. If it was going to rain, I hope Charlie had made it to the airport and was safe from the rain. I would hate to see her get sick from the cold or the rain.

"Are you going to tell me why that girl got out of the car and left you?" Emily asked. "Or are you going to ignore everything I say until we get to wherever you're driving to?"

"She's my girlfriend. Not 'that girl'," I said. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

"Sorry. Let me correct my sentence; why did your girlfriend leave you?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but closed it shut. I turned to look out the window. A car passed by, followed by another one. I looked back to the road. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Emily turn the radio back on.

"Is it ok if I turn on some music?"

"Well, you already turned it on, so yes. You may turn it on."

"I love this song," she sighed. "Ellie Goulding is the best singer alive. I own all of her albums."

I tried my best not to get offended by that. I mean, she just said Ellie Goulding was the best singer alive in front of a singer. That's messed up. And isn't her boyfriend a singer?

"As long as the seasons need to," I heard Emily start to sing quietly. "Follow their plan. How long will I be with you? As long as the sea is bound to wash up on the sand."

"I like your voice," I said after listening to her sing for a while. I glanced over at Emily. "You're a good singer."

"Um, thanks," Emily said awkwardly. "You're a good singer, too."

"Thank you," I said quietly.

A minute passed.

"Ellie Goulding is your favorite singer?" I asked. 

"Yep. She's amazing. I got to see her perform once," Emily replied. "I wish I could meet her. And Adele. Adele is amazing, too."

"Adele is cool," I nodded. "I love The Fray."

"I've heard a few of their songs," Emily said. "Not really a fan."

"How can you not be fan?" I asked. "They're amazing!"

Emily laughed. "Fanboy much?"

"Over The Fray? Yes. Over Ellie Goulding? Not so much," I shook my head. Emily laughed again. "Didn't you say your boyfriend is in a band?"

"Was in a band," Emily corrected. "They broke up a few years ago."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Emily said. "I wasn't dating Micky then."

"My girlfriend's name is Charlie," I decided to say. "It's short for Charlotte."

"Charlotte...I like that name. Actually, I think I love that name."

"Do you love it more than Ellie Goulding?" I asked.

"Oh, shut up, Tomlinson," Emily hit my arm playfully.