Chapter Seventy Four

Chapter Seventy Four :

Megan's P.O.V

With my dark, tangled hair piled up into a messy bun, and a lilac colored bath robe wrapped around my body, I slowly stirred a spoon around inside my mug of tea. I watched Zara and Ariana with tired eyes. They sat in front of me, playing with dominoes.

I laid my cheek in the palm of my hand, and yawned. Last night was crazy. This morning, so far, was crazy. My head surprisingly didn't ache, but the rest of my body did. What the heck were Zayn and I thinking? We should've just waited and rented a hotel room.

"Megan?"

I caught myself drifting into a doze.

"Wha-what?" I yawned. I blinked, and turned my head to my sister's voice. I began stirring my tea around again.

"This outfit. Yay or nay?"

"Um, well...," I blinked. "I think it's-"

"Needs more blue, right?" Laura looked down at the cardigan she was wearing. "Maybe a lighter shade? I'm not good at making navy blue look flattering."

"What's the occasion?" I took the spoon out of my mug, and gently placed it down onto a napkin. "Casual or formal?"

Laura didn't answer my question. "Maybe I should stick with navy blue...ooh, I could add multiple shades of blue into the entire outfit!"

"Laura, what-" I stopped myself and almost chocked on my tea. "Is that..." I blinked a few times and squinted. "Are you wearing my shirt?"

"If you don't want me to invade your closet, put a lock on it."

"I shouldn't have to put a lock on my own closet."

"It's easy to access with no lock."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Laura! Laura! Laura!" Alex came running into the kitchen with her phone and a shiny, black heel. "Zack is going to the-"

"Inside voice, Alex," I brought my mug up to my lips. With only one swallow, the green tea began to relax me. My throat was now warm and I felt a little cozy inside.

"Oh, sorry, Meg-" Alex paused herself as she turned on her heel to look at me. "Wow, what is wrong with your hair? Bad hair day?"

I didn't respond.

"Alex, what?" Laura opened the door to the refrigerator. She pulled out the carton of orange juice, and poured some into a glass.

Alex faced Laura again. "Zack is going to the party. Do you know what this means?"

"Another serenade?" Laura said. It must've been an inside joke or something, because she quietly let out a laugh. Alex didn't look very amused. She put the orange juice carton back where it came from.

"It means I can't go to the party."

Laura had her hand frozen on the refrigerator door handle. "Alex, you are my wing woman! I can't go to that party all by myself. I'll be an anti-social, awkward mess."

"Anti-social? Really?"

Laura nodded.

"You'll do fine. You don't need me to help you be social when you are already besties with the host of the party," Alex replied. "Also, you're Laura Daniels! You couldn't be-"

"Alex," I started.

"Sorry," Alex turned to me for a split second and then back to Laura. "You couldn't be anti-social even if you tried."