Epilogue Pt. 1

Epilogue Pt. 1 :

Louis stared up at the tiled ceiling up above us. "Rehearsal dinners are so boring. Why practice? It only makes it look so scripted on the big day."

"Probably because Liam and Vivi both know something is bound to go wrong when they have friends like us," I said as I spread my napkin on my lap.

"Easy solution to that problem; don't invite us and order fake friends for your family to communicate with at the reception," Louis replied. He had his index finger and thumb holding on to the stem of his wine glass. "You and Harry didn't have a rehearsal."

"We did," Harry said, looking from the doors to Louis. "You don't remember it because you got drunk."

"I did not," Louis looked away from the ceiling tiles and to Harry.

"Tell that to the pictures our wedding photographer so dearly captured for us," Harry took a sip of his wine.

Louis rolled his eyes.

"I think the reason you're dreading being here is because Liam didn't ask you to be his best man," I said, "which means Zayn gets to walk Charlie down the aisle instead of you."

"I second that theory," Harry pointed to me after putting his glass down.

"Remind me again why I requested to be sat at the same table with the both of you?" Louis squinted at us.

I smirked before looking away.

The banquet hall wasn't yet decorated for the wedding. There were a bit of decorations, though, like white table cloths on the tables and orange and pink flower center pieces, which were not the colors Liam and Vivian chose.
Many tables had empty chairs. Liam and Vivian only invited family and closest friends to the rehearsal.

Maybe it's to have their closest friends practice their best behavior for what will be happening two days from now.

But that's only a guess.

"Hey," Megan greeted as she pulled a chair out by Harry to sit in. "I got my sparkling grape juice."

She held the bottle up for us to see before twisting it open and pouring the nonalcoholic liquid into her glass.

"So," Megan picked up her glass and held it in front of her mouth. "Did I miss anything while I was gone?"

"Other than the discovery that there is over one hundred tiles on the ceiling, I would say no," Louis answered. "You didn't miss a thing."

Megan looked up at the ceiling after taking a sip of her drink. "Interesting."

"Did you check on the girls while you were gone?" I asked.

Lou offered to babysit Zara, Ariana, and Jack since she was staying behind at the hotel. Lottie, Louis' younger sister volunteered to stay back as well to help Lou out with three kids and a baby in one hotel room.

"Yes," Megan said.

"And?"

"Why are you asking? Lou is already sending the both of us picture updates via text message, along with Lottie."

"I know, but---"

"This is the first time that we're both not in the same exact building as our daughter," Harry interrupted me.