Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two :

Laura's P.O.V

Usually when I say something I'm not supposed to, I would cover it up with a lie or saying something super random. But this was the first time I was in this situation. You know, the one where you tell your friend who has a crush on you that you have a number that belongs to a really cute guy when you weren't supposed to?

Yeah. This was the situation I was in.

"I should be getting back to my flat," I stood up and began my way to the door. George began saying something about my present, but I ignored him until I opened the door. I turned my head around to look at him. "Nice seeing you, George. Bye!"

I left the ice cream shoppe after that. I don't remember if George tried saying something to me, but I had a feeling he did. I felt bad because he's my friend and I left him all alone, but at the same time I felt as if it was for the best.

I was walking down the side walk, licking my ice cream out of my cone, when I realized my flat was far away.

I didn't have a car--well, I do, but not with me. And I can't drive yet because I don't have a license or taken the test, so stealing a car is out.

I did have legs, though. I could walk, but the flat was far away. It was cold, and it would be dark by the time I reached the complex.

I let out sigh as I finished my ice cream cone. I took my mittens out of my coat pocket and slipped them over my hands. I then stuffed my hands into my pockets, trying to keep them warm, when I realized I could call somebody with my phone.

I took my phone out of my pocket and began scrolling through my contacts until I reached Niall's name. I was going to call Megan, but she would probably scold me for being out by myself. Aria was also an option, but she's pregnant and I didn't feel like disturbing her.

"C'mon, Niall...pick up the phone!" I mumbled to myself as I listened to the ringing. His voice mail came on and I pulled the phone away from my ear. "What the heck? Couldn't you pick up the phone? Seriously, Niall..."

I began walking again. By the time I reached the flat, it was a little dark, but I wasn't greeted by warmth. I was greeted by a worried and angry Megan and Zayn.

Aria's P.O.V

"Aw, Liam's proposing to her in Paris. That's so romantic!" Kyla exclaimed after Niall had to explain to us why Liam was in Paris. I also learned that Vivian was there.

"I hope she says yes," I added, smiling to myself. The whole idea of Liam taking Vivian to Paris just to ask her to be his wife was romantic. It did seem a little cliche, though.

"I wonder what their wedding will be like. I just know it's going to be beautiful, because every-" Kyla stopped talking. "Wait, what if she says no?"

"We still have Zayn and Megan's wedding," I joked. Kyla laughed. "Is Niall still with you?"

"No, he kinda walked away," Kyla replied. I pictured her to be shrugging. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, sort of. I think I'm fine, but I still feel dizzy," I answered. "And stressed and feel like crying."

"Crying?"

"I just feel emotional right now, and-" my eyes began to fill up with tears. "The thought that Vivi might say no to Liam makes me sad, and if she does say that, I hope Liam pushes her off the Eiffel Tower."

Kyla didn't say anything, so I continued.

"Only an idiot would say no to Liam. I mean, if they don't get married, I'll probably die because they're meant for each other, and--oh, gosh, I'm a mess," I held my head in my hands as I continued crying. "Do you known if Harry's coming home soon?"