Chapter Sixty Five

Chapter Sixty Five w/ note :

Kyla pushed the gift bag her and Niall brought over to me. Harry walked back over to the table and took a seat in the chair beside me after preparing cups of tea for our guests.

"Ooh, lots and lots of tissue paper," I said as I pulled out a mixture of pink and blue tissue paper. I moved the gift bag closer to Harry for him to pull out what was inside. I began to sort the tissue paper by placing them into a small pile on the table and folding each of piece once.

Harry reached both his hands into the bag and pulled out a small, square-like figure. He rose an eyebrow as he examined the gift, and opened the cover to reveal blank pages. It was a photo album.

"I ordered it online shortly after Aria told me she was pregnant," Kyla admitted. "I was thinking maybe you two could put pictures leading up to the birth of the baby inside. The ultrasound photos, growth of the baby bump, that sort of thing."

"Wow," I leaned closer to Harry to get a better look at the photo album. The cover read Styles Baby: One, and the inside of the cover had a tiny, white piece of paper sticking out of a clear pocket. It said, in Kyla's handwriting, Best of wishes! XOXOXO from Niall and Kyla. I smiled. "Thank you."

Kyla smiled back. "You're welcome."

Niall wrapped an arm around her.

"I can probably reuse this for Liam's and Vivi's wedding gift," I laid my head down onto Harry's shoulder. I motioned to the tissue paper. "Or for Christmas presents. Whichever comes first."

"Or you can give back to us, and we can use it for your baby shower gift," Kyla offered. She took a sip of her tea.

"Recycling works, too," Niall added.

"I haven't even planned my baby shower yet, so why-"

"Um, you will not be planning your own baby shower," Kyla said as she interrupted me and almost choked on her drink. "Tradition states that the mother-to-be's loved ones plan and help host the shower. Gemma and I have already talked about it, and exchanged numbers through twitter DMs."

Harry and I both glanced at each other before staring at Kyla with curious eyes and shocked expressions. She said this so caustically the two of us couldn't believe it.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"Nothing, it's just..." I looked at Harry.

"The two of you didn't bother to tell us? My own sister?" Harry asked.

"Actually three," Niall pretended to cough twice as he said this. Harry looked away from Kyla to send Niall a glare.

"We don't have everything planned yet. The date hasn't been decided, the invitations haven't been made, we haven't wrote a list of people to consider inviting...," Kyla rambled. She played with the handle to the cup. "I was going to talk it over to Aria after the Miami trip, because...well, um..." Kyla looked to her boyfriend for help.

Niall let out a sigh. "Your mom."

"What about my mom?" I asked.

"You two aren't on good terms...or at least I've heard from your stories," he replied. "We thought you two could work things out so it wouldn't be awkward having her at the baby shower."

"Um, what?" I didn't understand.

"Your mother is invited."

Laura's P.O.V

I stood, waiting for George, outside in a pair of floral Doc Martens, a green winter coat, and blue, high waisted jeans from Topshop of the apartment complex. I shivered, checking my phone repeatedly. All I could do was turn it on and off and check the time since I put on regular, white knit gloves rather than the special ones used for electronic screens.