Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Fifty Eight :

Vivian's P.O.V

Leaving France and returning to England was not something I wanted to do. Mostly because it meant having to unpack, which I very much disliked, once Liam and I got back to our apartment.

"Got everything?" Liam had asked me when were walking out of our hotel room. I nodded my head, sad that we were now having to return the keys to our room and head to the airport, which we just arrived to. Just in time to catch our flight.

"I'm going to miss Paris...it's a lovely city. I wish we could stay longer," I frowned as the plane began to take off. Liam sat next to me, watching me as I stared out the window. "We should have our wedding here."

Liam didn't reply to my suggestion. I turned away from the clouds. I looked down at our hands; our fingers intertwined. My stare moved over to my engagement ring. I had butterflies in my stomach just thinking about Liam and I being married to one another.

As the flight went on, Liam drifted to sleep. I, on the otherhand, ended up having to reach inside my carry one with one hand to pull out my magazine. It was the latest issue of Seventeen, which I bought back in London.

I pulled down the tray table, again with one hand. I took the magazine off my lap, and laid it out on top of the table. Turning the cover, I began to flip through it.

"Babe, how long was I asleep?" Liam's voice made me look away from the article on how to apply eyeliner, the right way.

"Hmm...about twenty minutes," I replied with a shrug. "The pilot should be coming on soon. The flight is only about half an hour long, and you spent most of it sleeping," I smiled before pecking his cheek.

Sure enough, a few minutes later the pilot of the plane came on over the intercom. It was only a few seconds after he said, "I hope you all had a great time flying with British Airways," that the plane landed. Liam let go of my hand as he stood up from his seat and stretched. Closing my magazine, I grabbed my carry on, and stood up as well.

I followed Liam off the plane to be greeted with a swarm of fans after getting our luggage. Security was able to hold most of them back as we tried to exit the airport.

"Welcome home," Liam said, opening the door to apartment after a forty minute van ride. Some fans thought it would be a great idea to jump in front of our car as we tried to get out of the parking lot. We had to exit the vehicle and get into a van owned my the airport. The driver of the van told us he'd drop off our car later. "It's so quiet."

"Probably because we're the only people here," I replied. I left my suitcase where it was and climbed on top of the couch. Lying my head down on one of the decorative pillows, I pulled out my phone. "I have to be at the animal shelter tomorrow by ten to help set up the annual picnic."

"Picnic?" Liam asked. He walked over to the couch. Moving my legs, he sat down. Liam placed them onto his lap as he began to play with my sock covered feet.

"It's a way to find all the animals homes. Families come to the picnic. They pay money for food and can adopt a new pet for free," I explained. "And the money from the food goes to a fund that is trying to stop puppy mills."

"We should get a dog," Liam said after a few seconds of silence. I turned my head so I could get a better look at Liam.

"What?"

"Charlie got a cat."

"Yeah, and?"

"We should get a dog," Liam said with a shrug. "Our house is so empty, discluding the furniture and us."