Clintasha 19

Hey everyone, don't forget requests are open :)

Natasha pov

2009

"Sit tight Sameer, we're almost out"
The nuclear engineer was sitting rigidly in the passengers seat. My job was to escort him out of Iran, we were currently near Odessa riding in a white van. Sameer was quickly rising in popularity in the weapons community. Everyone in Iran who wanted nuclear weapons was after him.

"Thank you Agent Romanoff"
The young guy said nervously adjusting his tie

"SHIELD will protect you Sameer, no one will be able to- "
Gun shots came from outside and suddenly the van was wavering.

"Hold on!"
I shot out my arm to cover Sameer. I knew the tires were popped and we were dangerously close to the edge of a cliff. With only a few seconds before we went over the edge, I jumped out of my seat ignoring the protests from Sameer. My bag jumped up with the bumps. What I needed was inside.
It was Sameer's scream that alerted me I was too late. With wide eyes, I was shot backwards into the back of the seats as we fell. The van hit the stray rocks throwing me around the back. My bag was flying with me but I couldn't reach it. If I didn't grab my bag we would both be dead.
All at once the van hit hard and I went colliding into the side of the van. My head was fuzzy and a high pitched noise was ringing in my ears. I pressed a hand to my head, blood coated my fingertips. Not good.

"Sameer?"
I asked weakly

"I'm alright"
Was his response. I let out a breath and slowly sat up not wanting to shake the compromised vehicle. It was balancing on its side. I crawled to my knees and made my way over to where my bag had landed. The strap was just out of reach, one more move an I'd have it in my hand. I froze when I heard the click of a seatbelt

"Sameer no!"
His now freed body crashed into the window. The van began to slide again. The gravity forced me backward again, this time I flew over the seats into the dashboard. Crap crap crap we needed to get out of here but my bag was caught on the headrest. Immediately I began to kick the seat forcefully. The seats shook until the bag fell. In one moment I strung the wire between me and Sameer and pressed the button to launch the grapple. It flew through the opened rear doors and we were shot up leaving the van to tumble down into the depths. Thanks to the long range of the tool, the two of us were launched only a foot below the main road.

"Sameer?"
He looked at me through a coat of blood on his face

"I need you to climb up with me okay?"
My heart was pumping as he hesitantly gave me a nod. I detached the hook that was holding us to the wall. It was up to delicately placed steps to get us to the top. We were still attached by the wire so one wrong move would send both of us to our deaths.
The hard stone hurt my hands but finally I pulled myself up. I felt my waist being pulled down by the short distance between Sameer and I. Offering him my hand, I helped him up.

"Thank you, thank you"
He murmured clearly in shock. I lay beside him just as exhausted. My body ached all over. Cuts and bruises no doubt covered every inch of me from being tossed around. Just before I was going to suggest we rest up for a minute, a bright glint caught my eye.

"We need to move now!"
I grabbed the engineer and pulled him towards the other side of road where we wouldn't fall and into the slight coverage the cliffs provided. He hid behind me while I loaded my gun. Someone was walking towards us. He had long brown hair and a mask and goggles covered his face. But what was most mysterious was the metal arm. The man aimed his weapon in our direction. He was the one who shot out our tires I realized.