Clintasha 12

Bit of a long one guys😅
Warning

Clint's pov

The first thing I felt was the blood drain out of my face, my heart hammered in my chest as I froze.
The second thing I felt was a small hand slipping into mine, the thumb rubbed gently along my hand and held tightly.

"Clint?"
Natasha said quietly squeezing tighter to grab my attention.

"Barton?"
Steve Rogers asked noticing my spaced out gaze. The other avengers, minus Thor, looked at each other puzzled.
Fury sighed empathetically from the other side of the screen.

"Barton if you want to sit this one out-"

"No"
I said, the thought of revenge filled me. I ripped my hand out of Natasha's grip a little harder than I wanted too and let my legs carry me out of the meeting room.

Natasha's POV

I watched Clint leave quickly. I rubbed a across my face.

"Natasha what happened?"
I looked to Fury who was silent on the other side.

"Agent Barton used to be part of the Circus of Crime. And now they've resurfaced, the last time they were scene was when Coulson brought him to SHIELD."

"And now you've just given us a mission to take them down"
Tony stated
Fury nodded

"Look Clint's past with the Circus is his to tell, but they did terrible things. I don't know if he can handle being around them"
I said
"around him again."
My eyes locked with Fury. He knew.

The team still had some confused expressions, but I left before they could ask any more questions.
The tower was quiet, the only sound was my feet hitting the floor quickly as I raced to find Clint. I entered the password to his room, the lights were off. I flicked them on and immediately saw a pizza box on his bed and the crumpled pieces of paper that littered the floor. His bow sat in its case neatly. I smiled at the sight of his room, it was just so Clint. Deciding he wasn't here, I pressed the button in the elevator that led to the gym.
Empty.
I went to the one other place he could be. The rain hit my skin when I stepped through the door. The gravel crunched under my feet. I stopped when I saw him crouched one the edge.

"Hey"
I whispered
He didn't move
I moved closer until I was right next to him. I could hear his heavy breathing, carefully I placed a hand on his shoulder. Not even a second after he got up to perch on the other end. I took a long blink and sighed.

"Talk to me"
My arms wrapped around me, the rain had soaked my outfit and felt like the cold was seeping into my skin. Clint didn't seem to care.

"What's their to talk about?"

"The teams been asking"

"Let them"
His voice was cold

"Fury's right you know, you don't have to come."

"Yes I do."
I pressed my lips together in a straight line
"They're calling me"

"What?"

"He called me"

"Clint-"

"Enough with the pity Natasha."
He said angrily getting off the edge and facing me. I walked to him until we were inches apart. Wordlessly I wrapped my arms around his waist. I buried my head in his chest. At first his arms hung by his side, but then I felt warmth spread through my shivering body when his muscular arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry"
He whispered into my ear
I rubbed his back

"It's okay, I understand"