The Malfoy Trials

Ariana's POV

After dropping Scorpius off at the Burrow with George, I barged into the Ministry of Magic looking like a complete nutcase, I hastily made my way up to Kingsley's office. As I neared the door I tried desperately to calm myself down. I was six months pregnant and all of this stress was not good for the baby. I paused in front of the door and knocked on it, politely. 

"I'm busy at the moment." I heard him say. I was not in the mood for this so I took the liberty of letting myself in. But as soon as I opened the door I saw Kingsley stand up ready to leave, while wearing his Minister hat.

He sighed. "I should have known it was you."

"Where are you going?" I asked ignoring his previous response.

"You know where I'm going Ariana. I have the Malfoy's trial to attend to." He paused and looked at me sternly. "Correction. I have to sentence them and possibly give them the dementor's kiss."

"But you can't!" I shouted, nervously.

"I can and if it comes down to it, I will." He shouted back but upon seeing my helpless expression he relax a bit. "Ariana I am terribly sorry. Believe me when I tell you that I wish the Malfoys absolutely no harm. But I can not show any kindness to those who do not deserve it."

"But what if I can prove to you that they are worthy of your kindness." I offered and he looked taken back for a moment.

"Perhaps..." He trailed off looking deep in thought. He was silent for a moment before a small smile apperared on his face. "Fine, if you manage to convince me as well as the jury of that then-"

I attacked him with a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I repeated over and over again, being very enthusiatic about his response.

He chuckled. "Don't thank me just yet." He paused and lead to me towards the door. "Come, we have a trial to attend to." 

***

I awaited patiently as Kingsley spoke with his fellow colleagues about my proposal. I began to day dream about something unimportant when I felt a tug at my dress. I looked down and smiled when I saw Teddy and Scorpius. They were both around the same age, I think Teddy's a bit older than Scorpius but anywho, they looked up at me and I couldn't help but give them an extreme bear hug.

"Mommy!" Scorpius exclaimed with a little laugh.

"Auntie!" Teddy yelled in pure bliss. He had seen me yesterday at the party but it feels like an eternity.

"Hello my lovelies! What are you two doing here?" I aksed confused but delighted.

"I brought them." I turned at the sound of his voice.

"Harry!" I exclaimed sounding just like Scorpius did a few moments ago. He chuckled and pulled me into a hug. Once we pulled away, my expression got serious. "Why did you bring them here? You know what today is don't you?"

"Yes I do but George needed to take care of something in the Joke shop so I offered to take care of Scorpius along with Teddy. But then Kingsley called telling me that I was an important asset to the trial. He basically told me that I'm the one who's going to seal the Malfoy's fate."

My eyes went super wide. "Oh Harry this is great news." 

"How so?"

"You can help me testify in favor of the Malfoys." I told him while smiling big.

"I'll try Ariana but I can't promise you anything." He told me honestly and I hugged him.

"That's fine Harry thank you so much." I turned around and looked at the kids. "So where will they stay?" I asked.