Promises

Draco's POV

 After Ariana left a deep frown appeared on my face. I mean, I know I should have stayed with her but I honestly thought her father had won the war. But I was wrong and I'm paying dearly for my mistake. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Scorpius yelled from behind me.

"Birthday!" I turned around with a smile plastered on my face and picked him up gently. 

"Happy Birthday Champ! You know I'd never forget your birthday right?" He nodded with a toothy grin. "Good. And now that your one years old, I believe you are old enough to start practicing Quidditch. So from now on, everytime you come over I'll teach you how to play on your training broom." I paused and then added. "Just don't tell your mother." 

He smiled and then nodded. "Okay." 

My eyes widened a little. He's finally having verbal conversation. "Brilliant, now let's open your birthday present." I sat him on the bed and proceeded to grab his present off of my desk but not before picking up all of the scattered parchment paper laying on the carpet. I sighed, remembering my failed attempts at writing an apology letter to Ariana. I shook the thought away as I handed my son his present.

"Thank You." He said and I smiled. My son's going to be just like me, handsome, smart and let's not forget irresitible.

"Your welcome." I sat across from him and watched as he opened up the present. Once he took out his present he jumped up and hugged me. He didn't say anything but he didn't have too. His face said it all. "Do you like it?" I asked already knowing the answer and he nodded, recklessly. I smiled as he picked up the small, blonde puppy and hugged it. "What are you going to name the puppy?"

He shrugged and then climbed up on the bed and placed the puppy on his lap. "George." He said and my smile disappeared.

"Why would you want to name him George?" I asked getting a tad upset. I shouldn't be angry but I am. Blaise is (for lack of better words) my spy. And he's been informing me of Ariana and George's 'friendship'. Blaise told me that they hang out almost everyday and he's always at her apartment. I trust Ariana but we're not together and even though I'm being faithful, who's to say she is as well.

"George is my fw-iend." He told me but I just shook my head. My son will not befriend a Weasley.

"How about another name?" I suggested and he must have noticed my digusted face because he began to think hard as he examined the puppy.

"Spot." He told me confidently and I nodded, confused at the random name. Then he pointed at the dog's right paw, it had a large black spot on it. 

I smiled. "It's brilliant."

I watched them play for a bit until Scorpius yawned. I glanced at the clock and my eyes widened. It was 3 O'clock in the morning. "Come on Scorpius it's time for bed." He nodded, tiredly and held his hands up for me to pick him up. I did and then I carried him over to his old room and changed him into some green pajamas. Afterwards, I went back to my room, laid him on the bed and tucked him in along with his new friend Spot. I wasn't ready to go to bed. I just sat by the window and got lost in thought. Tomorrow I must go to the ministry of magic and plead innocent, along with my family against the accusations of being a deatheater. I pushed my hair back fustrated as I looked over at a sleeping Scorpius. I need to win the case tomorrow if I ever want to see Scorpius and Jessica grow up.

***

(The Next Day)

"Come out, come out, where ever you are?" I called as Scorpius and I were playing the muggle game, Hide and Go Seek. I walked into the study to find my father and mother on the couch looking very suspicious.