The Final Battle (Part 1)

Draco's POV

Almost a month has gone by and I can't say I loved it. The only thing making me happy is Ariana and her excitement for the new baby's arrival. I mean don't get me wrong I'm more than happy to be a father again but I just wish the timing could have been different. Oh and the Dark Lord is having a meeting tonight. I don't know why but I feel like the final battle is approaching faster than planned and tonight is going to confirm it. I don't want to go because the Dark Lord has been restless lately. Apparently Potter and his friends are making progress and this causes the Dark Lord to be a tad (I'm using the word very loosely) bitchy. Also I've been a bit edgy ever since we went to the doctor last week I found out that Ariana is not suppose move around alot. After she told me what happened at Gringotts I was furious but I controlled it. I needed to keep her happy and that's exactly what I've been doing.  

Anyways, I was in Diagon Alley with Ariana. She's been obsessed with buying the baby everything. She's only four months pregnant, not even with Scorpius was she this crazy. I smiled as I watched her pick out a cute little outfit. I can already tell that she'll have a tighter bond with her than I will, just like Scorpius has a tighter bond with me. 

"Baby, what do you think about this one?" Ariana pointed at a massive white crib. 

"Isn't it a bit big for her? I mean Scorpius was barely seven pounds and judging by your stomach this one will probably be the same. " I answered.

"Oh" Was all she said. I looked at her face and she had on an adorable pout. I instantly felt the need to please her. I quickly looked around and smirked when I saw the perfect cheering up present.

"How about this one? It's pink, your favorite color." I asked confidently. She turned around and her eyes said it all.

"You remembered." She stated with an adorable smile. She walked over to it and her smile grew even wider. "I love it!" She paused and wrapped her small arms around my neck. "Thank you."

I leaned down and pressed my lips softly against hers. "Anything for you, Sweetheart."

"Oh and Dray I wanted to run something by you." She suddenly pulled back and asked me.

"Sure." I said politely as I rubbed her stomach.

"I want to name the baby Jessica." She said quietly, probably afriad of my reaction.

"Jessica is a lovely name but may I ask why?"

"Well..." She began more enthusiatically this time. "I was doing alot of thinking and you named Scorpius after your pet snake because it was something you loved and cherished as a child and his middle name was named after you because your so full of yourself." I smirked as she teased me. "So... as I was saying before. I was thinking and I never really loved anything as a child except for Jessie and the female version of Jessie is Jessica so yeah." She finished and I smiled.

"What about the middle name? Will it be Ariana seeing as you are even more full of yourself than I am." I teased and she cracked a smile.

"No. I mean come on. Jessica Ariana Malfoy. Ewwww. We would be murdering her social life by giving her a name like that." She paused dramatically. "My middle name however is gorgeous." She spun around and began to look at herself in a mirror. She already looked perfect but girls will be girls. I walked up behind her and hugged her.

"Jessica Lane Malfoy.......I like it." 

****

(Later that night)

The meeting was about to commence. Everyone, including the Dark Lord was waiting for Ariana to get back from where ever pregnant women go, my best guess is the kitchen.