The Aftermath

Ariana's POV

"I can't believe it! Im still in shock." I mumbled as I sat on the bench next to Neville in the great hall. We were both assessing the aftermath of the battle. Many people around us were injured but happy to have this war over and done with. 

"Me niether and I still can't believe your his daughter." Neville responded sadly.

I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry Nev, he's gone and I can assure you that I have completely gone to the good side." I smiled and he returned it.

"Ana!" I looked up at the sound of Damian's voice. He had a goofy smile on his face as he and Luna walked over to me with Scorpius in his arms. 

"Hey Damian!" I stood up and hugged him. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked and he nodded. But he seemed relunctant to leave Luna and Neville all by themselves. I silently laughed, he's jealous for no reason. I mean sure Neville likes Luna but their just sitting there in an awkward silence.

We reached a quiet spot in the corridor and that's when I caved. "He left me!" I began to cry hysterically. All this time I've been trying to be strong but I can't. I felt Damian pull me into a tight hug and I crashed into him, making as fall on the floor.

"Please don't cry Ana, I hate seeing you like this." He paused sadly. "Draco was just confused. He'll realized his mistake and he'll be begging for your forgiveness."

"But that's the thing Damian, I don't want him anymore." I sobbed.

"You don't mean that. Your just angry with him. I know you love him and you guys have been through too much for you to give up now." I remained silent. "Please just don't make any rash decisions. Okay?"

I stiffled. "I don't know. I'll try but for now I just need to get away. I need to have this baby and get settled down. If he comes and finds me then I'll see but if he doesn't then....." I trailed off not wanting to think about it.

Damain sighed and kissed my forehead. "Trust me. He will."

*** 

A few months after the battle we were all at the Burrow reminiscing. For the pass couple weeks everyone's been mourning deaths and re-evaluting themselves.

As for me, I've gotten settled into the apartment Cissy gave me. I even got my driver's license! How cool is that, now I drive the sexy new BMW Lucius gave me. Oh and since I am of age I have used magic to make an adorable little toddler's room for Scorpius and a cute, pink nursery for Jessica. It is already July and tomorrow is Scorpius' first birthday. I am so happy. Hermoine, Luna and Ginny have helped me plan the entire pary. And yes I said Ginny because after Harry 'came back to life' he explained to her the situation, as well as everyone else, and suprisingly they all forgave me. It took Ginny a little longer but we're finally....dare I say it, friends.

Anyways, as far as Draco goes he hasn't made any attempt to contact me. I still wear the engagement ring as well as the D necklace he gave me but I refused to look for him. Last week I ran into Blaise and he told me that Draco is ashamed ( he should be) and that he's really sorry but I told Blaise that I was fine without him. In fact I was fine. All of my friends have been very supportive and they always stop by to help me with Scorpius. Kingsley, as the new Minister of Magic, has offered me a job as an Auror, which I will gladly accept after giving birth.

"Are you listening Ariana?" George called and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking."  I sighed.

"Oh well, don't worry love. I do that all the time, especially since...." He trailed off not wanting to bring back the awful memory of Fred's death. I hugged him ande smiled, we sat like that for a moment before being interrupted by Ron and Harry.