Chapter-32

Dangerous game

I see your storm rolling in
I see the groung crumbling
But in a chain reaction
I see the dark crawling in
I see your wars, it's the end
But in a chain reaction
It's a dangerous game
____________

A deep frown tugs upon taehyung's face as he faces the ravenette, brows knitted together and a pout adorns on his lips, thinking about why he said that.

"gukkie I don't understand" Taehyung mutters, batting his eyelids softly to which Jeongguk arises his hand and brushes the blue locks behind his ear.

"do you remember when you once asked me about the nightmares?" Jeongguk asks, voice traced with tenderness as a sad smile tugs upon his lips, eyes sadden with the realization that he has to explain his past.

Taehyung nods slowly as his lips pursed.

"Yeah and how you snapped at me after that" Taehyung narrowed his eyes, as a awkward chuckle slips out of the model's lips, hands now scratching his nape.

"But I sent a apology gift, didn't I?" Jeongguk smiles softly when he watches Taehyung's eyes shining at that, as he tugs his collar to reveal his pendant, rather proudly.

"and I love the gift" Taehyung beams as Jeongguk traces his fingers with the pendant, hands now on taehyung's collarbone, sending waves of chills down to taehyung's spine.

"When I was at the age of eleven I guess I was in my bedroom sleeping it was night." Jeongguk wraps his arms around Taehyung's body, pressing their bodies together as he starts.

"my sleep was disturbed when I heard the shattering of glass coming down from the kitchen, I woke up and went downstairs - - a light shining down all through the hall as smoke covered the place, it was a fire accident." Jeongguk swallows the lump forming in his throat as he flutter shuts his eyes for a while and Taehyung rests his face over Jeongguk's chest, hearing his heart beat rising yet also calming Taehyung.

*Warning ⚠ : the story below contains some scenes which some of you may not find comfortable. *

Fire providing the unnecessary light all across the hall, the kid feels the fear seeping all the way through in his body as he coughs on the smoke that he inhales, reaching his lungs.

"Mommy, daddy!" the kid screams as a shrill voice echoes across the silent house.

The sound of footsteps is heard, as if someone is running away and the sudden breeze hitting the small boy's face snaps his attention towards the open window which he clearly remembers was - - - shut...

The boy runs towards his parents room, hands reaching on the door knob in order to twist it but a painful scream escapes his lips when the knob is overheated burning his gentle hand.

The small boy despite the burn, keeps trying to open the door, tears welding in his eyes from the pain and successfully he opens the door.

Then everything happens in a blink of an eye---his parents laying on the bed with red liquid covered around them, staining the sheets.

Blood.

The boy runs towards them, finds his parents half asleep or is it? Are they sleeping?

"Jeongguk" a weak voice is heard, it's his mother Jihyo calls out, her blood covered hand reaching out to stain Jeongguk's delicate face as a cry escapes from her lips.

"Run my child, it's n-not safe here" jihyo cries her hands trembling, no strength in her anymore.

Jeongguk wipes his tears as he shakes his head.