Pre-Twilight: Chapter Twenty

We stay in that position for a while. Just holding each other in comfortable silence. His phone buzzes, and he looks at it.

"Rosalie is texting me to ask how our talk is going."

"From where I'm sitting, it's going pretty well."

"I would have to agree." He texts her back and puts his phone away. He lays his head on mine and seems to be thinking about something. "Would you want to go over there? Rosalie misses you. Actually, everyone misses you."

"They aren't at school?"

"Nope. It's sunny outside."

"Sunny?"

"I'll show you later." He shifts and stands up. "Do you want me to tell them everything while you get ready?"

"That'd be great. I don't feel like retelling my whole life story again."

"Okay. I'll be back soon. No longer than ten minutes."

"Wait, ten minutes? It takes that long to drive there."

"Not when I run there."

"Ah, okay. Now go so I can get ready." I walk him to the door. He kisses me, and then he's gone.

I go upstairs and change. I put on a pair of black leggings and a baby blue sweater. I throw on a pair of thick socks and my Uggs. I decide not to wear any makeup and let my face breathe. I separate my hair into two sections and French braid each section. I grab my coat and head downstairs. Just as I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear a knock on the door.

I open it, and he is standing there smiling. "That was only eight minutes."

"I'm pretty fast. And I'm not even the fastest in the family." He looks proud of himself.

"Aw, cute." I lock the door, and we walk down the stairs. "Are you going to show me why the sun bothers you?" He smiles and steps into the sun's rays. His skin shines. It's like tiny pieces of glass all over his body reflecting the sunlight. "You're beautiful."

He laughs. "I wouldn't call it beautiful but thank you nonetheless." We get into his car, and we take off towards his house. "The family is caught up. They are very excited to see you."

"I'll be happy to see them. I love you all." I instantly shut my mouth. Crap. Did I just...? Admit to loving him? "I-I mean like family."

"Ouch. You only see me as a family?" He feigns offense.

"No, I do not. You know that." I say.

"That I do." He smiles and takes my hand in the one he isn't using to drive. "Emmett wants to see if you can pick him up and throw him."

"I could throw you. How hard can it be?" We laugh at that.

"Well, he is like two times bigger than me. And he is the strongest in the family."

"I can take him on," I smirk.

"I would love to see you throw him on his ass."

We listen to whatever the radio station is playing on our ride. We are at the house in no time. The second Jasper parks the car, he is at my door, opening it for me.

"Why, thank you, kind sir."

"Anything for you, milady." He takes my hand, and we walk to the door. We walk into the living room, and everyone is there, sitting on the couches. Rosalie and Alice are practically jumping in their seats.

"You can hug me if you want. I don't bite." I smirk at them. They instantly ran to me and hugged me.

"We are so sorry for last night," Rosalie says. I pull away and look at them.