Pre-Twilight: Chapter Ten

I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. It's Saturday morning. I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time. I decided not to tell Anna about my date because she would just freak out and forbid me to go. I understand where she is coming from, but it's my life, and I need the space to make my own mistakes.

I get up and go downstairs to grab something to eat. Anna and my dad are at work, so I have the house myself. By the time they get home, I will be on my date. I need energy, so I make myself an omelet and cut me up an apple. I take my food and go catch up on The Real Housewives. I love that show so much. I stay there until around noon.

After putting my dishes away, I go upstairs and finish my homework. I know it's a bit lame but doing schoolwork relieves me of stress. I feel productive during and after I do it and don't have to worry about it at the last minute.

By the time I am done with my work, it is three. I go downstairs and make myself a sandwich and a salad. After I finish eating, I head upstairs and hop into the shower. I take my time there, the hot water getting rid of some of my nerves. I stay in there for about thirty minutes before I get out. I return to my room, my hairdryer in hand, and sit on the floor in front of my mirror. I take my time drying my hair, followed by straightening it. Once my hair is completely straight, I grab my makeup. Glancing at the clock, it is 4:45. Great. I am on schedule.

I took my time, and in the middle of applying it, Anna called me to check in on me. I told her I was going to Lyvia's to study and hang out. She told me to be back by curfew, which on the weekends is midnight.

Once I am done with my makeup, I go to my closet, my outfit already in mind. As it is the end of January and it is probably in the teens outside, I go for a long-sleeve option. I grab my cute long-sleeve, plum-colored dress, and my black, lace-designed tights. I know, I know. My legs may get cold. But I put on my black thigh-high boots. So basically, I am covered from neck to toe, apart from a small section between the dress's end and the boots' start. I go over, grab my already-picked jewelry, and put it on.

I stand in front of my mirror, admiring my work. I again check the clock, and it is 5:55. Great timing. I grab my black coat and head downstairs. I sit on the last stair, ensuring I have everything I need in my purse.

At exactly 6:00, there is a knock on the door. I stand up and open it. Jasper is standing there looking once again like a model. To my surprise, he is wearing a plum-colored shirt and black jeans. No jacket.

"Wow. Y-You look gorgeous." He says, smiling brightly.

"You don't look so bad yourself. Funny, we are matching. How did you know plum is my signature color?" I playfully say

"I just had a feeling." He said, a smirk playing on his lips. Seeing as Alice can see the future, I assume that's how he knew, but I will not be telling him my theory.

I lock the door and walk down the stairs. I get into the passenger seat of his car, and it is very warm. Guess he is cold. He gets into the car and pulls out of my driveway.

"Mind if I pick the music this time?" I smirk.

"Of course. If you want to play something off your phone, I have an aux cord." I happily take it and connect it to my phone. It takes me a minute, but I find a song to listen to. I decided on "When the Day Met the Night" by Panic! At the Disco. It seemingly fits because it's twilight right now. Hints of the day are still in the sky, but night is taking over. I leave my Panic! playlist on shuffle, which we listen to on the way there.

After about thirty minutes, we arrive at the theater. It isn't packed, but it isn't a ghost town. As I get out of the car, Jasper turns to me.

"I have something for you." I look up at him with a questionable look. He reaches behind my seat and pulls out a bag. I look in it, and there is a big bag of gummy bears. My eyes light up, and I look up at him.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" He smiles softly back at me.

"You're welcome. I thought it'd be better than a small bag from the concession stand."

"How are you going to sneak it in?" Everyone knows that you are technically not allowed to bring your own snacks to a movie theater, but everyone still does it.

"I can hide it in my coat." Right before I can point out he doesn't have a jacket, he grabs a jacket from the backseat and puts the bag of gummy bears in a big pocket of his coat.

We get out of the car and head into the theater. We get to the ticket booth, and I instantly offer to pay for my ticket, but he hands his card to the cashier before I can hand mine.

"You can make it up to me." He smiles.

"You got a deal." Does that mean he wants to go on another date?! Netta, get through this date first.

As we walk into the theater lobby, he turns and asks, "Would you like popcorn or a drink?"

I blush. "Is it possible to get both?"

"Of course!" We walk up to the concession stand, and a worker comes up.

"What can I get for you?"

"A coke, please." We say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh.

"And a medium popcorn, please," Jasper adds. He rings us up, and I can hand him my card before Jasper. He smirks at me.

We get our concessions and head into theater eight. When we walk in, a fair amount of people are in there. Definitely more people than I thought would be there. We choose to sit closer to the top to get a better view. I sit in the aisle seat, and he sits next to me. I can tell he is careful not to touch me since I mentioned I am a "germaphobe." How sweet of him.

The movie starts, and we put the popcorn between us. He pulls out the gummy bears and hands them to me. I instantly open them and pop one in my mouth. I fucking love gummy bears. The movie starts, and I am really into it. I absolutely love this movie.

I can feel the tension between us. I can tell he wants to hold my hand, and I want to hold his as well, but he is respecting my boundaries, and I am still being cautious. Looking at him from the corner of my eyes, he looks absolutely gorgeous. The light of the movie reflecting off his skin makes him look almost like an angel. His eyes are out of this world. Their amber color with hints of black is unique, apart from his family. I have to ask him about that later on.

He glances over, and I move my eyes back to the screen. I thought I could get through this movie with him beside me, but I can't. I have this craving for him. One that I haven't told anyone, not even Lyvia. But I know I need to keep my guard up for a while.

The movie finally ends, and I am so tense. My heart is telling me to grab his hand, but my brain is telling me no. We stand up and don't say anything to each other. I think we both feel the tension. We throw away our trash and head out to the car. We get in and instantly turn the heat on full blast. We sit there for a few minutes, waiting for the car to heat up.

I finally can't take it anymore. I look at him, and he looks back at me.

"Don't call Anna," I say.

"What?" is all he can get out before I move and kiss him.

Everything then goes black.