Twilight: Chapter Forty-One

I was right. Bella almost fucking died. Of course, this "tracker" found her. They were talking loud enough about it when Bella was packing. She ended up in the hospital for a few days. The second I saw her wrist, I lost it on Jasper and Alice. They were there in the hotel with her when she left. How could they not know she left? Insane. When she finally came home, I took care of her. I helped her walk to the bathroom. I helped her shower, which she was quite embarrassed about, but I didn't care.

Tonight is prom. Finally, some fun around here. Bella still has her cast on, but she is independently walking now. Anna helped us pick out our dresses. I haven't seen Bella's because, of course, she waited last minute to pick out a dress. I decided upon a floor-length red dress, not too bright, but not too dull. My hair is two French braids pulled back and crossed over each other. I decided on a red smokey eye to finish off the look.

I hear a knock downstairs, signaling that the boys are here. I'm so excited to see Jasper. I have a feeling of what he will be wearing, considering he tends to always match with me in some way. I walk down the stairs slowly, being careful not to trip on my dress. When I make it to the bottom of the stairs, I instantly lock eyes with Jasper. His eyes grow wide as he looks me up and down. If he could drool, I think he would be at this moment.

He walks right up to me. "You look beautiful." He gives me a kiss and grabs my hand.

"Thank you, baby," I respond. I hear a door opening upstairs. Bella is making her appearance. The sounds of heavy footsteps fill the air in the foyer. I watch Edward as Bella comes into view. His eyes soften, and he smiles. It can be hard to get him to truly smile. This is one of those times. He walks to the bottom of the stairs and holds out his hand for Bella to grab. We take the official prom pictures and head out. We take two separate cars.

"You do look absolutely spectacular," Jasper says, holding my hand with one hand and the steering wheel with the other.

"Thank you, my love. But you take the cake for this one." His hair obviously has some gel in it, making it look nicely slicked back, but not badly slicked back. He is wearing an all-black tux, with a red tie that matches my dress perfectly. His eyes are the beautiful amber color I love so much.

"Your beauty doesn't compare to anyone. You are the most gorgeous girl in the world." I squeeze his hand and smile at him. God, I love this boy.

The rest of the night went by fast. There was a lot of dancing. I made Jasper dance with me. He even enjoyed himself. I was quite shocked. It is so nice seeing him enjoy himself and let loose. He can be wound very tight at times.

The night ended with him and I lying in his bed, talking about anything and everything. I feel like I know every single thing about Jasper. He opens up to me. He lets me know whatever is on his mind at the moment. And he knows everything about me. My fears. My insecurities. What makes me anxious. Every. Single. Thing.