Twilight: Chapter Thirty-Nine

It has been a few days since anyone has seen Edward. I have tried to call him, no response. Waking up this morning was a rough one. It's an extra cold day today, and I wasn't having it. This whole Edward-Bella situation is annoying the fuck out of me. She won't shut up about him. Now knowing that Edward and Bella are meant to be together, it's understandable why she is constantly thinking about him. I was the same way when I first met Jasper.

I hear a notification sound pop up on my phone from Jasper.

He's back. That's all he said. Oh great. Today is going to be either a great day or a shitshow. I look forward to giving him a stern talking-to when I see him.

I start getting ready as I hear Bella going into the bathroom. About time she wakes up, she tends to forget to set her alarms at night. She is in for a big day today, and she doesn't know it. I don't plan to tell her because it'll get her irritated before the school day has even started.

I finish getting ready and head downstairs to see a nice breakfast spread made by Anna. I start eating, praying for Bella to hurry up so we can get to school. I'm anxious to see both Jasper and Edward. This weekend I didn't see the Cullens at all. I wanted to catch up on some schoolwork and spend some time with my family. Jasper spent most of the weekend hunting anyways.

Bella finally gets downstairs and grabs something to eat. We finish up and head to school. As we pull in, I see the two Cullen cars. They are all standing around them, minus Edward. Of course. He is going to be fashionably late. So dramatic of him.

I park and get out quickly. I slightly run over to them, and Jasper scoops me up into a big hug. I motion for Bella to come over, but she motions that she is heading to class.

"I missed you this weekend," I say to Jasper, giving him a kiss.

"I missed you too, baby." He says back, flashing a gorgeous smile. "Today is going to be an interesting one." Not having to say why.

"Oh, definitely. It's a toss-up of how it is going to go." I let out a small chuckle. "If only Edward will get his dramatic ass here and have an actual conversation with my sister. She wouldn't shut up about him. She feels the connection, but doesn't understand why."

"She will soon enough." Alice chimes in. We finish up our conversations and head to our classes.

The day flies by. All my classes were teaching something interesting for once. Jasper kept me distracted at lunch. Jasper said that Edward didn't want to come to the lunchroom today and decided to stay in his car while lunch was going on.

The final bell rings, and before I walk out of the class, my econ teacher asks me to stay behind to go over one of my assignments. Right as we are done, Jasper comes running into the classroom, a look of worry covering his face.

"Netta." He says. "We have to go."

"What's wrong?"

"It's Bella," I say goodbye to my teacher and run out of the room, praying for the best.