Twilight: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Today is the day. Bella has arrived. Dad and I were standing at the airport terminal waiting for her. I made a sign that said, "Welcome Home Bella Boo." She hates when I call her that. The moment she saw it, she playfully rolled her eyes. The drive home is low-key awkward. She hasn't seen Dad in a while, so they have no idea what to say to each other.

"I'm so happy you're here!" I say, popping my head between the car's two front seats. Of course, they stuck me in the back.

"I'm happy too. I miss both of you." There is an awkward pause. I take this opportunity to catch her up on what's to come.

"So school starts tomorrow." I can see her playfully roll her eyes in the rearview mirror. "I know, I know. But hey, we have to get a quality education." She laughs at that. "You'll finally get to meet Jasper! I know you didn't get a chance to meet him when you were here last year." You could cut the tension with a knife after that sentence. "My friends are great. You'll fit in nicely."

"That's good." She replies.

"You're the talk of the town, by the way."

"What?!" She whips her head around to look at me.

"Yeah..." I sheepishly grin. "Hey, in the town's defense, the last new students were the Cullens. And that was almost two years ago."

"Ugh, fine. I forgive the town." She dramatically says, playfully tossing her hair back.

"It will pass. They get over the excitement within a few weeks."

"Okay." She says softly. The rest of the ride is quiet. I let her have time to soak in everything. As we pull into the driveway, Anna is standing on the porch, waving at us. Bella is a little awkward around Anna, but she will soon realize how amazing Anna is and hopefully form a bond like I have.

We get out of the car and grab Bella's things. As we walk up the stairs, Anna greets Bella with a hug.

"Hi, honey. How was your flight?"

"It was alright. Some annoying kid was kicking my seat, as usual." They both let out a light laugh.

"Well, come on in. We have your room already set up." She gets closer to Bella to whisper, "Netta designed it. She stopped your dad before he went too far." Bella turns and smiles at her, relief washing over her face.

We take her stuff upstairs and show her everything essential. We give her some time to unpack and get settled. After about an hour, I walk into her room and sit on her bean bag chair that I picked out. She sits down on her bed, facing me.

"So, how is Mom?" I ask.

"She's good. Being her usual self at the airport." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Dramatic." We both say.

"But she seems excited to go away with Phil. She said she would call us when she knew she'd be coming home."

"Okay. That's good." I say.

"How are you doing?" She asks me. I know what she means.

"I'm okay. Living it day by day."

"You seem better, mentally."

"I am. Thank god." I let out a small chuckle.

"That's great. You still seem so smitten with your boo." She smirks at me.

"I am. He's got me wrapped around his finger."

"I bet you have him wrapped around yours as well."

"I do." We talk about random things until Anna comes and tells us dinner is ready. We all sit together and eat. Bella agreed to participate in our traditional Sunday family game night. I kicked her ass at Monopoly.

"Well, I need my beauty sleep. School tomorrow. Let's go, Bella!" I grab her hand and drag her upstairs.

We get ready for bed together in the bathroom while I give her the rundown of all my friends. I think she and Angela will get on the best. I warn her of Mike, Eric, and Tyler. They will flirt to the max with her.

As we talk, I text Jasper, letting him know I will be in bed in about 20 minutes. We finish getting ready and go to our bedrooms. I close the door and get undressed. Oversized t-shirt for bed again.

I get under the covers, and, like every night, Jasper is holding me no more than 20 seconds later.

"You seem so much happier with her here." He whispers in my ear. "You're radiating so much happiness right now." I turn over and look at him.

"I am happy. Back to my happy self again." I don't give him time to respond. I grab his head and pull it to mine, kissing him. He deepens our kiss and flips me over, him now on top of me. He is touching me all over, not breaking our kisses. He begins kissing me lower and lower until his lips are at my belly button.

I grab his face and pull him back up to me. I move my mouth to his ear and whisper to him, "Tomorrow night. I don't think Bella would appreciate hearing her sister getting fucked in the next room her first night back."

Jasper laughs and moves beside me. He pulls me to his chest, kissing my head. "Of course, my love. You are just so irresistible."

I smile and bury my face in his chest. Soon enough, I'm fast asleep.