Eclipse: Chapter Fifty-Eight

He did exactly that. For the past two months, Jasper was there doing whatever he could for me. He encouraged me to get back into school. I reenrolled and started taking a half-semester class. Biology. Jasper has been a big help with that. He explains concepts I don't fully understand, which results in me acing my tests. He brings me my favorite coffee at the same time every day. We found out I can still eat human food. The thought never crossed my mind to try it, until one day I smelled an incredible pasta dish. I tried it and everything was normal. You have no idea how happy I am about that. I still need blood though to keep up my vampire strength, so we have a standing hunting date twice a week.

Ever since returning from Italy and discovering that there was a possibility that I gained Jane's power, he has encouraged me to test my theory on him. I was in shock when he offered up himself, but it showed me how dedicated to gaining my trust. Let's just say, I have gained a new power.

One big thing he has helped me with is helping me rebuild my relationships with the Cullens. The only one  I still have a strained relationship with is Edward. I could look into Jasper's mind and see what exactly Edward had said to get under Jasper's skin, leading him to leave. He told Jasper that he would end up losing control and killing me. He is such a dick for that. I stay courteous with him because of Bella, but that is it. He isn't making an effort to rebuild our relationship, so I am not making an effort either. Things between us will never be the same again.

A knock on the front door breaks me out of my thoughts. I open it and there is Jasper, holding my venti iced vanilla oat milk latte.

"Good morning, Janetta." He says, flashing his beautiful smile that still creates butterflies in my stomach.

I take the drink from him and take a sip, only then do I respond, "Good morning to you as well, Jasper." I step aside and let him in.

"Any plans today?" He asks, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Not really," I say as I take a seat across from him.

"I was wondering if you maybe would want to do something today." He pauses. "With me."

"Like a date?" I ask. His mood instantly shifts to embarrassment and anxiety.

"Yes? No? W-Whatever you want it to be." Aw, he's so nervous. I take a moment and think about what this would mean. He has been doing everything he can to gain my trust back. He listens to whatever I have to say, good or bad. I can feel like I can tell him anything. Once I felt like I could tell him anything, that's when I realized I fully trusted him again.

"I would love to go on a date with you, Jasper." His face lightens up, my favorite smile appearing on his face again. "What did you have in mind?"

"How do feel about amusement parks?"

"Uhhh I love them!!" He remembered. My smile grows ten times more.

"There is one that is about three hours away from here. Feel like a road trip?"

"Only if we get snacks."

"Gummy bears?" There go the butterflies again.

"Obviously!" I run upstairs to get ready. I contemplate outfits for a few minutes. Human minutes. A very long time. I decide on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a light pink sweater. Right after I finish changing, I hear Jasper at the door.

"May I help?" He asks, walking towards my shoes. He picked up the shoes I decided I was going to wear and stepped towards me.

"S-Sure." He kneels in front of me. I lift a foot, and he slips a shoe on. We repeat the motion one more time. I don't know how to describe it other than intimate.

He stands up and his eyes roam over my body. "You look perfect."

"Thank you," I say. He holds out his hand, and I slip mine in it. "Off we go."