Pre-Twilight: Chapter Thirty-Three

I slept in late this morning. I deserved it. Right now, I'm currently eating lunch before I start my process of getting ready for girls' night. Jasper and the family are currently on a long-overdue hunting trip.

I do little chores around the house to pass the time. I caught up on my laundry and cleaned my room. Both needed to be done since I didn't do any of it over the week. By the time I finish, it's 3:00. Perfect timing. I hop in the shower and do my regular routine. I do my makeup and hair quickly. I decide on a cute dress and thigh-high boots. The weather recently has been nicer during the day and still chilly at night, so I found the best of both worlds in this outfit.

I finish getting ready a little before 5:00, and I mindlessly scroll through my phone, waiting for Jess's text. About 20 minutes later, she texts me saying she's here. I grab my purse and head out to her car.

I got in the backseat because Angela called shotgun, and she was sitting in my seat. I will get that seat back tonight. "Okay, girlies, let's skedaddle," I say, making us all laugh and cheer.

We got to the mall within 30 minutes, way earlier than we thought we would get there. More time for shopping. I got some things for myself, including new undergarments. Recently, they have been getting ripped into shreds. I have no clue how that could have ever happened. I also got Jasper a new hoodie. Well, it'll end up being a hoodie for me, but we can have shared custody of it.

By the time we finish shopping, we have 20 minutes before the movie starts. Luckily, the movie theater is in the same mall. We get our tickets and way too many concessions. We got a good seat towards the top of the theater.

The movie was great. I forgot that I like it. We finish all of our snacks, too. We agreed not to get dinner because we were too full.

When we got to the parking lot, I called shotgun and ran to the passenger seat. Once the car was started, Jess put some music on and started driving.

"Okay, so give us all the details," Jess says as she pulls onto the highway.

"About?" I ask.

"Jasper. Duh."

"Oh yes, I would also like to know," Angela says, poking her head between the front seats.

"Details regarding what?"

"Just the relationship overall," Jess smirks. "You two are practically a married couple."

I blush, thinking back on what Jasper said in Rio. "He mentioned marriage one time when we were in Rio." They both scream.

"Oh my god!!! What did he say exactly?" Angela questions.

"He carried me through the front door of the beach house we were staying in. And basically said he plans to do this on our wedding night." The girls' jaws dropped instantly, and they both started aweing.

"Stop. That's so cute." Angela says.

"Girl, you have that man wrapped around your pinkie so fucking tight," Jess says. That makes me laugh.

"I guess so."

"Okay, so TMI question." Jess starts. Uh oh. I know where this is going. "How's the sex?" She throws me a quick smirk.

"Oh my gosh, Jess!! Don't ask that." Angela exclaims. "Netta, you don't have to answer that."

"I don't mind," I say. I wait a moment to build the suspense. "It's fucking amazing." They scream again.

"Oh fuck yes! So happy for you, girl." Jess says, slightly cheering. One of my best personal cheerleaders.

"Okay yeah, that's pretty great," Angela says.

"I'll say one more thing about the topic, and we will move on." They both turn and look at me. "Big dick energy is never wrong." Their jaws dropped again, and Jess looked back at the road.

We laugh and settle in the car, listening to the music in the background. I become sick of her music as we drive past the city's welcome sign.

"Sorry Jess, I have to change the music. I'm over this music." I laugh and grab her phone.

"Uh, uh. No ma'am. My car, my music." She tries to grab her phone back, getting distracted from the road. After a moment of tug of war with the phone, I let her have it.

I look up when I see bright lights on my side of the car. I turn and see a big truck driving straight toward me.

"JESS!!!!" I scream. She looks up from her phone and tries to swerve out of the way, but it's too late.

We all scream, and everything goes black.