Part 62

Haeun was giggling happily as the 2 teens finally arrived back to the mansion at almost 10 PM

Haeun was giggling happily as the 2 teens finally arrived back to the mansion at almost 10 PM. A majority of the lights were on, yet the front hall was rather quiet.

Too quiet.

And as someone cleared their throat, the youngsters snapped their heads towards one of the hallways and spotted Taeyong there with a grim expression on his face. His eyes scanned over his younger sister quickly before they stopped at her boyfriend.

"Jisung, I think we need to have a little talk." He said through gritted teeth and his words seemed far from inviting. Jisung swallowed hard and Haeun raised a comforting hand to his back and patted him, knowing that he won't be able to get out of this one.

Reluctantly, the teen boy then began taking wary steps in Taeyong's direction. The elder hummed lowly before turning on his heel and walking away.

The 2 ended up in Taeyong's shared office and Donghyuck, who was already sitting on one of the 2 avalible chairs, snapped his head back to look at the newcommers. He had a huge bruise on his cheeks, but otherwise seemed fine.

Mark, who was sitting at his desk since he shared an office with the second in command, almost couldn't help himself from saying 'yikes' as he watched Jisung nervously take a seat.

Taeyong also settled down on the other side of the desk and sighed deeply, intertwining his hands into a huge fist on top of his desk as he looked up at both young boys. "I think we all know why we're here." 

Jisung looked to his left and couldn't help the anger that spiked up in his veins just seeing Donghyuck's face. Yet the other seemed unfazed as he continued looking forwards, his mind too plagued because of the beating he was surely going to receive.

Taeyong sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Did it seriously have to be you two?" 

Both of the younger boys perked up, ready to argue, but the 2nd in command extended a hand, signalling for them to stop.

"I'm kidding. But we need to talk about your relationships." He said plainly.

"But both Haeun and Naeun are part of gangs. We don't need any secret identities or protection for them." Donghyuck growled out dryly, his voice raspy because god knows where he's been.

Taeyong glared at him. "I'm not talking to you as the second in command. I'm talking to you as Lee Taeyong, the brother of your Haeun and Naeun." 

Jisung felt his muscles tense, feeling quite intimidated by his cold and heartless stare. 

"Listen up you two." Taeyong continued. "No matter how close we are and the fact that we work in the same gang, I will not hesitate to brutally murder you if you hurt my sisters."

Donghyuck bit his tongue, already knowing he had done that plenty of times. And now Naeun had something else against him.

"And I'm going to lay out a bunch of rules you gotta follow." Taeyong raised an eyebrow. "1: you are not to distract them from their studies in any sort of form. They're still young and although both of them have secure job careers, father wants to send them to college just like me and all of my other siblings. 2: you can't play the 'protective boyfriend', especially with gang matters. Naeun and Haeun are both free girls, allowed to do whatever they want and go wherever they want without having to ask you at all. And with the gang stuff, I know they're a hell more experienced with that so don't interrupt their work. 3: if I ever see you even glancing at another woman with a specific look in your eyes, i will personally take your eyes out of your eye sockets."

Jisung bit his lip. Even though he was far from the type to cheat, and in all honesty was just too smitten by his girlfriend, but was still quite nervous about the glare her was receiving. Donghyuck did not seem too relaxed either, his fingers fidgeting anxiously in his lap.

Taeyong continued staring down at the two, seeing that they didn't even dare to look at him. Mark, who had been listening carefully, could barely hold back his laugh as he covered his mouth and coughed, trying to cover it up.

"Did I make everything clear?" Taeyong growled, making Jisung and Donghyuck nod enthusiastically in perfect unison. "Great. Now go away, I don't wanna see your faces." He rolled his eyes.

Jisung was the first to stand up, immediately turning around and speed-walking to the door. Donghyuck followed him although he wasn't as eager to leave the stuffy room. He knew that he would have to go clear up the... misunderstanding.

As the teens ended up outside, there was a heavy silence in between them.

Donghyuck sighed. "Just say it." 

"I fucking hate you." Jisung breathed out immediately after since he had been holding back for a while now. After a moment of silence, the tips of his lips went up. "That felt great to say."

"I could have guessed." The elder snickered, looking ahead. Suddenly, he stopped and faced the other. "I'm sorry." 

Jisung's brows furrowed, yet he let him continue. "I know it was such a dick move. Not only to you, but to Haeun and Naeun as well." The younger one nodded. "To tell you the truth, I also liked Haeun for a really long time." 

Jisung felt his jaw clench, yet stayed silent. "Probably for much longer than you could've ever imagined. She seemed like the only girl in the world that I'll ever like." Donghyuck smiled at the memory. "But of course, I knew that he wouldn't end up together. Maybe you didn't see it, but we all did. She has always liked you, not anyone else.

At first when I met Naeun, I was quite confused and to be honest, not too pleased. She seemed like the asshole version of Haeun, who I liked for her sweetness and softness. But as time went on, Naeun and I became close friends, as you may know. But I was blinded by the one-sided crush I've had for the past few months or so and did not realize how much she actually meant to me. And that continued as we began dating. I used her as a rebound, thinking that the similar face would help me get over my feelings and prevent me from getting hurt.

It didn't.

It was still quite painful to see Haeun smiling at you, not me. But over time, it stopped bothering me as much, but I tried to deny it. That was until today. Somehow Naeun saying that she doesn't want to be with me anymore hurt much more than Haeun rejecting me. And that's when I realized: who had been with me through tough times, who was always there taking care of me, who remembered the tiniest details about me. And who I actually liked." 

Jisung was speechless, watching as Donghyuck's lips fell into a warm smile. He hadn't seen his hyung seem so peaceful and open for such a long time and it was actually refreshing to see. 

"Awww, I'm so flattered." The sudden female voice made both of them jump up in surprise. Donghyuck turned his head, now terrified for his life, and saw Naeun standing there with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

She leaned closer teasingly. "I didn't know you like me that much." 

Donghyuck blinked a couple of times, trying to find something to say, yet his red face already explained his embarassment.

Naeun giggled, walking up closer and then she clung onto his arm. "Come on, let's go. I'm really tired." She batted her eyelashes at him.

Donghyuck gulped, yet nodded his hand while pursing his lips together. The girl then looked towards Jisung who awkwardly stood there, watching them.

"Haeun went to her room." She wiggled her eyebrows before dragging her boyfriend away.

I'm lowkey developing ideas for a new Jisung fanfic and I feel so guilty for some reason, omg