Part 79

The air was cold, biting at the girl's skin, her cheeks becoming pinkish

The air was cold, biting at the girl's skin, her cheeks becoming pinkish. The loud sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the screeching seagulls resonated on the long sand beach that was completely empty. The only thing guaranteeing her warmth was her boyfriend's hand that was interwined with hers.

The couple walked a bit father, getting to a small, old looking fishermen's bridge. Somehow here, the water seemed much calmer and quieter. The old wooden boards of the small structure creaked under their boots as they walked up to the end of it.

"This is great, but why are we here?" Jisung looked down at Haeun with curiousity.

She had been the one to suggest to go to Busan for the weekend. Jisung had of course agreed and here they were, at one of the large beaches on the shore of the city.

Haeun looked out into the sea, a nostalgic smile falling onto her lips. "This is where Ryuwon is."

Jisung's brows furrowed slightly as he looked around before his eyes went back to her. "But isn't she-"

"She once told me," Haeun cut him off. "-that if she were to die before me, that I'm not allowed to bury her. She told me to burn her body and throw her ashes into the sea beside this very bridge." 

The boy remained silent, squeezing her hand ever so slightly. 

"Of course, it wasn't my decision because she passed away so young. Her parents wanted to bury her, which they thought they did. But I managed to sneak her body out and fullfill her wish."

Haeun looked out into the sea, memories flooding her mind.

Ryuwon had been someone irreplacable to her. Someone who she had cherished with all her heart, someone who she expected to spend her entire life knowing. Ryuwon's passing had probably been the worst event to ever happen to her.

But she knew she needed a change.

"Jisung-ah." Haeun turned to look up at the boy. He hummed as his eyes met her beautiful ones.

"I want to move on."

Jisung tilted his head in silent question, letting her continue.

"For the past few years, I was so hung over on Ryuwon that it began destroying me. I refused to let her memory go and stopped her from passing in peace. The fact that she was gone because of me suffocated me and made me want to stop living."

Haeun took a deep breath, feeling the ball in her throat making her voice clack slightly. Seeing the tears begin to gather in her eyes, Jisung pulled her closer, wrapping his hands around her waist and looking down at her with worry.

"But I want to move on." Haeun breathed out, her eyes going up to take a look at his face. "Even Ryuwon told me I should do so. I want to stop worrying about everything I do because it reminds me too much of her. I want to feel happy without blaming myself for it. I want to live my life like I want to and like I need to, not feeling restricted by worn out promises and restrictions. I want to be able to make everyone around me happy. I want to make you happy." 

A warm smile tugged onto Jisung's lips as he looked down with her with loving eyes. He couldn't help himself and leaned in closer, planting a small kiss onto her forehead. He then pulled away.

"You're doing great. I'm so proud of you." He muttered out, looking at her with such sincerity that made Haeun immediately believe him.

She smiled. "I love you." 

"I love you more." Jisung breathed out, tightening his grip around her waist.

Haeun giggled quietly before she broke eye contact and looked out into the sea again. Jisung could see the wariness and hesitation in her eyes as she scanned over the horison, watching as the waves came and went, the smell of the salty water invading their senses.

That's what drove him to do something that would assure and cheer her up. He let go of her, stepping closer to the edge.

"HEY, RYUWON!" He yelled out, making Haeun flinch. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"What are you-"
"CAN YOU HEAR ME? HUH? CAN YOU?" Jisung continued yelling, ignoring how Haeun tugged at his sleeve.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT HAEUN ANYMORE! SHE'S IN GOOD HANDS! I'LL MAKE SURE TO MAKE HER HAPPY, JUST LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO DO!" He grabbed Haeun by the waist again, pulling her against his body. "JUST YOU LOOK!"

He then leaned down super quickly, attatching his lips to hers. They shared the short kiss before Jisung pulled away, looking out into the sea once again.

"SEE? I AM SO CRAZY FOR HER THAT I WILL NEVER HURT HER! SO DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH AND JUST REST IN PEACE!"
"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" Haeun exclaimed, but couldn't help the laughter that followed her sentence.

Jisung looked down at her with a giant grin. "You don't need to worry about her anymore either. She's in a better place now. And you have me. I'll make sure to make you happy." 

Haeun looked up at him with adoring eyes taking in each of his handsome feautures. His deep, dark eyes, his perfectly sculptured small nose that she just wanted to boop so badly, his small pouty lips, his adorable squishy cheeks, his sharp jawline, the brown hair that effortlessly fell over his forehead, almost reaching his eyes. His heartwarming smile as he looked down with such love in his eyes that could make any girl melt at his feet.

Which Haeun was.

And she couldn't help the urge, her hands shooting out to grab onto the collar of his jacket and she pulled him down to her level. Jisung was slightly taken aback at first, but quickly began returning the kiss, his hands gripping on her tighter as he pulled her closer. Haeun wrapped her hands around his neck, forcing him down even further in order to get as much of his addicting warmth as possible. 

In that moment it was just the two of them. As if the world had stopped spinning, everyone suddenly became non-important. It was just Park Jisung and Lee Haeun, on the Busan beach, kissing on the old, fishermen's bridge. That moment became everlasting, neither of the two wanting it to end.

Despite all of their differences, their complicated history, the good and bad times, they were still meant to be together. That was something decided when the universe was born. And it would be until it ceases to exist.

Because they existed just for each other.

Finally, the two parted, panting ever so slightly as they looked up at each other. Jisung's grip on her waist remained, making her heard continue to flutter in excitement.

"You know, Jisung-ah."
"Hm?"

"I'm so so glad that you're just like me and I'm just like you."