Part 17

He couldn't approach her all evening

He couldn't approach her all evening. Even when it was almost 2am and the guests were slowly leaving, all either drunk or tipsy, he still couldn't get the courage to walk up to her. Not just because of that, she was always with someone making it impossible.

I miss talking to her.

He could only think, admiring her figure from afar as she said goodbye to her twin sister, hugging her tightly.

"Jisung-ah." A sudden hand on his shoulder made the boy flinch and he turned to see Renjun standing there. "We're taking off. Mark said you shouldn't stay up too late either."

The younger boy hummed and watched as his friends left out of the main entrance of the hall. With a sigh, he turned back around finding that the girl had disappeared.

"Where did she go..." Jisung muttered to himself, beginning to look around but to no avail. She had just vanished.

"What are you doing?" The sudden voice made the boy jump and turn, finding the sole person he was looking for staring at him, eyes full of curiousity.

"A-ah, I'm just leaving..." He mumbled out and Haeun tilted her head confused.

"Me too. I'm so tired." She whined with pouty lips as she outstretched her stiff limbs. "Let's go." 

"What?" Jisung blurted out and his eyes widened as the girl grabbed the fabric of his shirt and began dragging him along. His mind immediately trailed off to their encounter few nights before and he bit his lip watching her.

After they left out the door, Haeun let go of him and they began walking towards the staircase, Jisung slightly falling behind. He admired her long, black hair, her graceful walk and calm facial feautures.

But the silence was slicing into them both, that's why the girl suddenly stopped dead in her tracks, making Jisung halt too. She slowly turned around and he swallowed at the suddenly serious expression displayed on her face.

"Park Jisung." She exhaled in a soft tone which made his muscles tense up. "Let's go back to what we were before."

"What?" He staggered, slightly confused but also hopeful.

Haeun sighed and looked away. "To how we were before everything happened. To be fully honest, I miss our friendship."

Ow, that hurt.

Jisung thought, but continued listening as she looked back at him with a slight smirk. "I didn't pick you for the team in order for you to be this awkward with me."

"You picked me?" The boy asked bewildered pointing at himself.

Haeun scrunched up her face slightly in thought before looking at him again. "Kind of? I definitely had a say in the picking process. Just look at all the good looking guys on my team!" She proudly exclaimed, an ear-to-ear smile plastered on her face.

"Good looking?"

"Don't you think so? You aren't so bad either." She sent him a fake judging up-and-down look before grinning.

"Seriously." Jisung looked away in disbelief, but couldn't stop the small smile that fell onto his lips.

"So? Are we good now?" The girl extended her hand in his direction and he looked down at it before his eyes went back to her face. "Let's be friends, Park Jisung."

Friends.

That word felt like a stab to Jisung's heart. It seemed like the girl had completely disregarded everything that had occured between them. Belittled his feelings. 

How could you be so mean to me?

Jisung sighed before looking deeply into her eyes and mustering his best smile and he shook her hand. "Glad to be back in business, Lee Haeun."

Ayeee so they made up :D