Part 68

The black car drove on the uneven road, passing by hundreds of houses

The black car drove on the uneven road, passing by hundreds of houses. It was a small SUV with most of it's windows tinted, signifying that someone important was riding in it.

And that was exactly the case.

The man in his early 60ies was looking out the window with a bored look on his face. The scenery was extremely repetitive and gray, despite the beautiful sunny day outside. He was dressed in formal attire, a white button up shirt along with black pants and shiny leather shoes. What was left of his hair was slicked back nicely making him look professional. 

Byungho was on his way towards the main base of his most recent unit, NCT. He was visiting Seoul and decided to pay his daughter and her team a visit. He was well aware that his son Taeyong was out of town, but that was fine as long as he was able to see his other child.

But as the car took turns through the city's suburbs, his breath suddenly hitched at a sight.

"Stop the car." He muttered, almost in awe and of course the driver obliged.

Byungho's eyes looked right over a short, almost pointless fence into the green garden of a small house. His vision was specifically on a moving figure, which was running around.

He recognized that figure. Hwang Jiyeon. His ex-wife.

She had a bright smile on her face as she caught one of the children, picked it up and began spinning it around. The other kid, along with a man who stood nearby, were all joyfully laughing like a loving family.

Byungho knew that she had gotten re-married. Of course he knew, he could get all the information in the world if he wanted to. And somehow, that didn't sit right with him.

Because he had truly loved Jiyeon. But his line of work and the fact that he can never show weakness had messed up their relationship which ended in them splitting.

But he was happy for her. Happy that she managed to find love again in her new husband and step-children. That she managed to move on and get a new start.

Because that was what she deserved.

And for a moment, as Byungho watched her from the comfortable inside of her car, Jiyeon turned her head in his direction and they unknowingly made eye contact. The woman had a smile plastered on her face as her gaze stayed a little longer before moving on from it.

Byungho let out a small sigh before turning back to his driver.

"Let's go." He commanded and in return received a short 'yes' and then the car began moving again.

"Dad?" Haeun asked shocked upon seeing the tall figure enter throught he front door. "What are you-"

"I just came to visit." The old man interrupted her before giving her a warm smile and outstretching his hands. "Isn't my princess going to give me a hug?" 

Haeun giggled and ran into his arms, her own hands wrapping around his torso as they embraced.

"How have you been?" He mumbled into her hair before they parted.

"I've been good! Just trying to catch some annoying guy and stuff." The young girl beamed. "How about you? Are you still overloaded with work?"

"Of course. But that's life." Her father chuckled.

As a set of footsteps approached, his expression immediately straightened and he fixed his posture. Johnny and Mark turned the corner, and immediately noticed the newcomer.

"Mr.Lee." Johnny's mouth fell agape as he bowed deeply. Mark just stood there confused and yelped out as the elder boy pulled him down to do the same.

"Oh, it's you Johnny." The old man acknowledged the familiar face. "Where can I go sit down?" 

"Right this way, sir." The boy exclaimed, politely pointing to follow him.

More members became aware of the old chaiman's presence as he strolled through the house, his aura unmatched. His hard gaze forced everyone to look away, afraid of what he might do.

"How long are you staying for?" Haeun asked, completely unaware of her father's scary feautures.

"Not long. I have my flight to Busan at 8."
"Ohhhh, alright. I guess you can only stay for coffee then."

The young girl pouted as they arrived to the fancy dining room, which was unusually clean. Her father took a seat at the far end of the table, Haeun hurrying to sit beside him.

"The base looks nice." The old man hummed approvingly, looking up at the breathtaking glass chandelier handing from the ceiling in the center of the room.

"It's really good. You have great taste indeed." Haeun admired him. Her father had always been a role model to her.

Johnny hurriedly scurried off to prepare some drinks, leaving the two alone yet again, letting the chairman relax a bit.

"So... I heard my princess has a boyfriend?" He raised an eyebrow in the direction of his daughter. Haeun was slightly taken aback by the bold question, feeling her cheeks becoming a faint pinkish color. 

"Oh... Uh, yeah-"

"Is he a part of this gang or any we're allied with?" Her father continued questioning.

Haeun smirked. "Stop pretending you don't know, you know perfectly well who it is."

The chairman raised his hands defensively. "Okay, you got me." He let his fatherly smile pass.

"You should be asking about gang business instead." His daughter rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I heard you're trying to catch the leader of the White Slicers?" The old man asked, his eye twitching towards the open door where Johnny was carefully balancing two porcelain teacups on a tray.

"Yes." Haeun hummed, her voice dropping deeper. "He managed to escape once. He may have some important connections and he's quite dangerous." 

"I see." The chairman listened along, his expression also falling into a more serious one. "Should I send in exo?"

"No, I can deal with him. He's really weak now." Haeun assured him with a cocky smirk.

"That's my daughter." Her father smiled.

I FINALLY GOT MY RIDIN ALBUM JWIEIEIWHDJEIWHAN WITH A JISUNG PHOTOCARD AND CHENLE POSTER!!!!