Part 42

"Are you dumb?"

"Are you dumb?"

"No, you are, what the hell."

"I told you this is the answer!"

"No you didn't! You were like 100 numbers off!"

"At least I didnt put the answer as 'I want to die'!"

"Hey, that's a very reasonable answer!"

Haeun looked down in an attempt to hide herself as Renjun and Jaemin's bickering could be heard accross the entire cafe. The rest of the members of the gang that also came along for the study group kept apologising to the people around them.

"I swear to god I'm going to disown them." Donghyuck rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time as the 2 boys continued their heated debate about some test answers.

"Hey, can you guys be quiet for the love of god? I don't want to seem associated with 2 orangutans that escaped the Seoul zoo." Naeun glared at the boys after finally looking up from the worksheet she was stuck on.

"Shut up kid." Renjun scoffed as he grabbed his pen and paper and dragged his chair further from Jaemin.

"Yeah, and I'm the kid." The girl mumbled under her breath, mocking the elder boy.

"What?"

"Nothing, just go on working."

Yuri who had been invited by Haeun leaned into Jeno's ear. "Does this normally happen?"

"Yeah, pretty much." He chuckled. "Might as well get used to it since it seems like you'll be spending a lot of time with us from now on." He smiled with his memorable eye-smiles.

"Oh really? Who said so?" Yuri scoffed, crossing her arms on her chest arrogantly.

"Because I want you to be." Jeno stared deeply into her eyes. Immediately flustered, the girl blinked before looking away, a blush creeping up her cheeks. Chenle accidentally witnessed the scene and turned his head to his friend in pure disgust.

"Why do I need to be part of this?"

"You can always leave." Jisung hummed in response, stuck on his own math problem. Chenle stared at him in betrayal.

"If I leave, how do you expect me to even have a chance of passing mid terms?" The boy whined.

"Are you having issues? I can help you." Haeun, who sat on Jisung's other side, perked up. She began standing up, but as she was almost half way, a strong hand gripped onto her lower arm. Surprised, she looked down to see that it belonged to Jisung.

"It's fine. I can help him." He pushed his hand down, making Haeun sit back down in her chair, still slightly taken aback.

"You? You're way more stupid than me, how will you help me?" Chenle whined, sending Jisung a glare.