Part 3

The small feet walking around the cold, marble floor were barely audible as the girl made them as quiet as possible

The small feet walking around the cold, marble floor were barely audible as the girl made them as quiet as possible. Although she was lightly shivering due to the chilly air, she didn't seem to notice it. It was her decision to walk out in a simple hoodie paired with shorts afterall.

She knew that it was 3am and she was supposed to be asleep, but she wasn't able to fall into dreamland because of the pure excitement making her stomach tickle and she was frankly bored. That's why she snuck out, hesitating slightly at Taeyong's door, but quickly made up her mind and continued the journey down the hallway.

Haeun arrived just yesterday, giving her no time to explore the giant mansion, so instead of wasting time on her phone she decided to walk around for a bit.

From the few places she actually visited at the brief tour her brother gave her, she knew that the offices were downstairs on the first floor. Only the members who had important jobs got offices, which were most often shared.

Johnny + Doyoung

Taeyong + Mark

Jaehyun + Hendery

Jungwoo + Winwin

Outside of that, there was a small medical room where Taeil and Kun could heal injured gang members, a creepy room full of TVs displaying various CCTV footages around SM territory which Renjun resided in, the garage where Ten took care of the many cars in owned by the team and a huge storage room where you could usually find Yuta at a small desk, buying things. The rest of the gang members did not need their own working spaces as they were fighters or did not deal with paperwork and planning. 

Out of everyone, Haeun was the only one with her own office. She visited it earlier today: it was a big, neat office. Instead of the general dark vibe of the entire mansion, hers was actually quite bright everything in it being blindingly white along with a lot of greenery around. She actually found it quite homey.

The girl wandered on, down the stairs and into the hallway with the offices. She expected it to be dark, but she caught sight of a dim light coming from somewhere down it. Her curiousity got the best of her and she very silently began making her way towards it. It didn't take her ears long to pick up ushered voices coming from behind one of the doors, making Haeun even more interested as to what was going on. When she had gotten close enough, she quickly figured it was 2 male voices, currently involved in a heated debate although they tried to keep it rather quiet.

"Johnny, there's no fucking way that'll be the first mission." Taeyong's angry voice took Haeun slightly aback, but his words made her place her ear against the wooden door, beginning to listen in deep concentration.

"But Taeyong, she needs to get used-"

"She literally just arrived to Seoul. It hasn't even been a week. She just met her team. This is way too much pressure, especially for a 17 year old girl." Her brother pleaded with the other who let out a sigh of frustration.

Haeun had already established that they were talking about her, Taeyong's statement further proving her suspicions. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she leaned further onto the door.

Wasn't she the leader? Why were they discussing this right now?

"Taeyong, this can't be laid off. The White Slicers are rapidly on the rise and they already attacked a few houses of innocent civilians around our territory. And right now, we're the only team avalible to fend them off: SUJU is still in Busan taking care of another gang, Red Velvet is not made for these types of mission. Shinee could help, but they're not enough by themselves. Girls Generation has their own internal problems and TVXQ is overseas. Besides them, the little gangs of not fully trained men under the SM name are not enough to beat such a powerful opponent. Taeyong, we need to take care of this. And quick." Johnny didn't seem too happy to announce the news either, but it didn't stop him from speaking extremely strictly. Because he was right. And the other boy knew that.

There was a brief silence before someone inhaled a sharp, sudden breath.

"She hasn't even killed anyone yet." Taeyong explained in a barely audible whisper.

"I know she hasn't." Johnny's voice softened slightly. "But it needs to be done. At least her first will be someone that does more harm than good."

There was another short silence as Haeun's brother thought about the proposal.

"Fine, but not now. Let's lay it off until she settles in with the guys." Taeyong's authorative voice returned.

"But Taeyong-"

"Not that the White Slicers are too much of a threat right now. From what I heard, they're lacking men and are severely under-funded. Let's make our move if they do something that could put us in danger. Oh, and also, tell the guys that if a member of their gang is found wandering on our territory with ill intend, they have to bring him here. In the worst case scenario, kill him/her immediately." Taeyong's demanding voice showed his 'you're not allowed to argue' feeling behind it and then Johnny sighed.

"Yes, sir." He agreed in slight resignation.

Although Haeun was still in shock, she managed to push herself off the door and sprint away as quietly as she could. She didn't even remember her run, just how she managed to get to her room and shut the door behind her whilst panting. Immediately a thousand questions ran through her head.

Why didn't they discuss this with her first? Why didn't they ask for her approval? Why did she not even know a gang called White Slicers existed?

A sudden rage filled her body and Haeun bit her lip, not wanting to scream out in frustration and attract her brother's attention.

How could they keep something so important from her? Especially when she's supposed to be the first to know?

Homegirl do be getting pissed though :o