►Ryuwon◄

So since many of y'all were confused as to who "Ryuwon" is.

Basically she's the voice that from time to time takes over Haeun's body and her job is to protect the girl from any harm. She was mentioned a couple of times in the first book as well as the last few chapters. The only difference is that she only recently made up a name for herself - Ryuwon.

But what exactly is she? Well, I took my inspiration from DID.

DID stands for Dissociative Identity Disorder, previously known as multiple personality disorder. It forms during a person's childhood years, between the ages of 5-10 and is caused by very affecting trauma. In order to save the mind from being too over-pressured by those traumatic memories, it builds up amnesia walls. In each space, a different altar lives and functions. Just like Ryuwon, they're able to sometimes come to the front. They all have their own jobs like host, the person that is most often in control, protector, trauma holder, etc...

Ryuwon developed when somethign extremely traumatic happened to Haeun at the age of 13. I took into consideration about when the disorder develops, that's why I decided to make her a not fully developed altar. She is the protector and trauma holder as there is no other personality to share the burden. That's the other reason as to why she's not fully aware - no one could deal with such terrible memories if they were fully sane. Ryuwon is the one that comes out in situations when Haeun is in immediate danger, is really tired or extremely stressed. That's how she managed to gain control during the evaluations.

Her name is also an extremely important key further into the storyline.

If you're interested in DID, you can research it - it is actually a very interesting topic.

I hope that this was helpful :)