Part 55

"Just because we aren't Haeun doesn't mean that you have to be so disappointed

"Just because we aren't Haeun doesn't mean that you have to be so disappointed." Renjun rolled his eyes but was amused as the younger boy shot up.

"No, what are you talking about?!"

Jaemin, Jeno and Lucas who entered after him snickered.

"Are you better? Does it hurt?" Chenle ran up to his friend's bedside and sat on the stool.

"I'm fine." Jisung assured. "You don't need to ask me this every time you come visit."

It had been a week since the boy had woken up and was highly disappointed. Haeun had barely came to visit him, dropping by only ocassionally to check in on him. She spent most of her time in a room a few doors down the hallway in which they had placed Yuri. The girl was almost treated, currently only in the hospital for observation.

"When can I get discharged?" Jisung asked Mark who shrugged.

"This week probably. According to the doctor, there doesn't seem to be any problem with the replaced artery."

"But you'll still have to go to Taeil for daily checkups for at least a month." Jaemin pointed out, placing down the bag of food they had brought the younger boy.

"Why? Gang members get shot all the time, why must I get so carefully observed?" Jisung whined and pouted his lips.

"Because it isn't so common for the bullet to hit such a vital artery. You almost died, do you expect Haeun and Taeyong-hyung to go like 'he can go back to work now' as soon as you woke up?" Mark ranted.

Jisung remained quiet, still quite salty since he most definitely did not want to be stuck in bed for so long. But it seemed like he had no choice.

"But what happened with you and Haeun anyways? While you were asleep, barely left your bedside and now she's nowhere around." Lucas asked, falling down onto the couch which was in the room.

The youngest remained quiet, his lips pursing together into a thin life. The tips of his ears became slightly red as he remembered why. But he was still confused. Haeun always confused him so much. One day she is overly friendly with him and the next she runs away. Maybe she had gotten shy because of the sudden interruption, but that did not justify her barely coming to see him. 

Jisung ruffled his hair as he leaned back against the frame of the bed. "Anything on Chuwol?" 

Mark shook his head gloomily. "Nope. He won't speak. Yuta hyung is getting pretty pissed with him."

"That's understandable. Who wouldn't get angry at such a piece of shit like him?" Donghyuck who was standing by the door growled. 

"Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend, Hyuck? She seems to be having a hard time lately too." Jeno pointed out and Donghyuck scoffed.

"She's fine." 

His unenthusiastic and rude behaviour surprised everyone.

"Heard Red Velvet are having an important mission today. Shouldn't you go see her off?"

"Jesus christ, fine." Donghyuck barked whilst rolling his eyes. He then stormed off, the door slamming shut behind him.

"Damn, what's wrong with him? Did they argue or something?" Renjun cringed. "He makes it sound like being with her is a punishment."

"He should respect singles like us." Jaemin shook his head.

 ➥

Haeun closed her eyes as she curled up even further. The scenes kept replaying in her head, making her blood go ice cold and her ears to begin ringing.

Although what happened today, it wasn't even half as bad as the events from year ago. The girl kept seeing the bloody walls, random words written in red on them. The way that she saw her best friend's body being so mutilated. How she died on the spot.

Haeun did not hear as someone faintly knocked on her door before walking in. Taeyong sighed seeing his sister's state as he carefully walked over to her bed and sat on the edge.

"Hey..." He exclaimed softly. The girl looked up at him, tears in her eyes and her body trembling. "Are you thinking of... that again?" 

She nodded.

"Nothing was your fault. Not what happened two weeks ago or years ago. You don't need to blame yourself."

"B-but I was too late." Her voice cracked as she began choking up on her words. "If I had taken those texts seriously, maybe Ryuwon would've been alive. And if I hadn't gone alone, maybe Jisung wouldn't have-"

Her words became muffled as Taeyong embraced the girl, her face buried in his chest. She continued crying as she wrapped her own hands around his torso, letting out all of her bottled up emotions. Taeyong rocked them back and forth, drawing comforting circles on her back in an attempt to get her to calm down. 

Soon Haeun's cries became sobs and the boy finally decided to look down at her puffy face.

"It's alright now. You're alright." He smiled. "Do you want to go get ice cream?"

Haeun sniffled. "Can we go to Madame Glaciem?" 

"Yes, we can."

"Then okay." The girl muffled and Taeyong giggled at her cuteness.

I honestly just wanted to make a Taeyong+Haeun sibling moment becoz I think like i've put him in a bad light and made it seem like they argue all the time, but honestly they love each other so much