Part 6

Yuta rolled his neck, groaning as he walked down the silent hallway

Yuta rolled his neck, groaning as he walked down the silent hallway. He had sat in one place at least for an hour, answering all of the various questions the leader had. Of course, he was glad to help but he really did not understand why she researched such shitty, low-priced weapons. But he was also quite surprised, she was extremely young but seemed to have worked for more hours straight than Johnny ever did but still managed to fit every single piece of information into her small brain.

He began cracking his knuckles when suddenly someone jumped in front of him, making Yuta halt and inhale a surprised breath.

"What the hell, you scared me!" He screeched in protest, but the guy in front of him did not seem apologetic as he got straight to the point.

"What was she talking to you for so long about?" Taeyong watched Yuta intensely as the other boy stretched out both arms above his head due to his extremely stiff muscles.

"About low-class weaponry. You know, the shit type that only the smaller gangs use." He casually said and wheels in Taeyong's head began to spin. "But she was so into it for some reason, like is she planning to corrupt our amazing gan-"

"She's already a step ahead of us." The other boy muttered more to himself rather than to Yuta who stood there confused. 

"What?"

It all fell into place. If you combine this with the fact that she read through absolutely every file on the White Slashes in Doyoung's office, asked Jaehyun about information on the attacks and plans already made by the 2 with Johnny. Now she's asking about weaponry. 

Taeyong snickered, shocked at how he had missed such an important element. He couldn't lie, he was extremely proud of the girl who seemed to have come to a better conclusion that the minds of her brother and Johnny combined.

"What do you mean?" Yuta brought the other out of his daze by poking him on the arm. Taeyong sent him a glare before clearing his throat.

"You know what we talked about the other day, the gang on the rise?" He brought up the memory and Yuta nodded along. "The White Slashes? They're poor right?" 

It took a few seconds, but the other boy's eyes widened a small fraction and he turned to the second in command, bewildered.

"Right. So she's..."

"She's already planning the raid." Taeyong exclaimed proudly making Yuta exhale through his nose shocked, but also intrigued.

"That's why she's been talking to the tactians and about weaponry..." The other boy trailed off before a wild smirk appeared on his face. "She's daring, I like it." 

"I guess Johnny and I did underestimate her afterall..." Taeyong whispered, but it was unaudible for the other.

"What?"

"Nothing. Is she doing well in there?" The boy's brotherly instincts took over and he watched as Yuta pouted his lips while thinking back at his time in the office.

"Well... she looks like a zombie, but doesn't act like one. She asked me at least a dozen questions a second, I couldn't keep up with her energy." Yuta confessed, placing a hand over his sore lower back. "I swear I'm getting old." He mumbled before beginning to walk off, back towards his office.

Taeyong glanced over to the door at the far end, imagining the young girl sitting over a huge stack of papers and documents, reviewing them all by herslef. He knew that she wouldn't be too excited to see him, but he took the chance and walked through the still unlocked door.

His eyes immediately trailed to the desk where they met with Haeun's, who quickly tore them away and looked back at the folder she was flipping through. Taeyong sighed, seeing as she didn't even greet him properly.

"Hey Haeun."

The girl did not respond, completely ignoring her older brother who began getting impatient, but tried to keep it to himself.

"Are you really that mad?" He asked concerned, shutting the office door behind him.

"No, I'm not mad."

...

"I'm pissed."

"I'm sorry Haeun." Taeyong pleaded, but earned himself nothing as her cold expression did not even flicker.

There was silence that felt uncomfortable since the siblings were usually extremely talkative around each other. The boy walked over to the desk that was overflowing with massively unorganized documents. His eyes trailed towards the couches and coffee table not too far away, seeing the cupper ramen finished and the empty can of redbull laying on it's side. He then looked back towards the girl who still wasn't paying him any mind and continued glancing from one document to the next, writing something down onto her laptop.

"I think you should stop for today." Taeyong declared concerned, but the girl just shook her head.

"No."

"Haeun, it's 9pm. You've been up for almost 24 hours. Your body needs sleep." His voice became stricter, but that didn't seem to affect her.

"I'm still waiting for Hendery to come report to me." She mumbled quietly, too focused to answer him properly. Taeyong closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, knowing that he won't win this fight. So he just backed off, leaving the girl to do what she thinks is best. He didn't live in her body after all. He could only guess what she was feeling.

He silently exited her room and caught Hendery not too far away, walking towards him with a huge folder in his hands. Taeyong sent him a small smile.

"Just a warning, she's going to ask a lot of questions." He teased, making the younger boy roll his eyes in frustration.

"Don't even tell me." He muttered before knocking on the door and walking in when he was called to do so.

And as Taeyong walked away he glanced backwards.

He had been very wrong about her afterall.

ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ✦ ᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴊɪꜱᴜɴɢOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara