Part 38

Pain

Pain.

That was the first thing that the girl felt as soon as she woke up. 

But it came to her as a surprise because last time she remembered, she was peacefully roaming around the small, cozy apartment inside of the brain.

"What the fuck-" Ryuwon forced her eyes open, but everything was blurry. It took her a few blinks to realize that she was in a warehouse. When she tried to move, she realized her limbs were tied to the chair she was sitting on.

The room was empty and the only light streamed through the huge windows, which were shattered in places. Ryuwon's neck was sore and she felt extreme discomfort barely moving her head. As she turned to her left she realized that there was someone else. Another boy, tied to a chair like her right beside herself. She quickly recognized him as Donghyuck. His head hung low and he was clearly still unconscious.

"Haeun, what the fuck did you get yourself into..." The girl sighed and attempted to contact the other altar in her head, but to no avail as all that greeted her was silence. 

Although Ryuwon was suffering from a piercing headache as well as the pain from the cuts and bruises on her body, she began looking around and shuffling her hands in an attempt to escape. The ropes were tied extremely tightly around her wrists, but it was just rope. She could get out of it. 

After continuously attempting, Ryuwon grunted annoyed as the ropes were way too tight for her to be able to get out of them. Her eyes then trailed to Donghyuck who was still asleep.

"Hey, you." She whispered at first, glancing around to see if anyone would come running if they heard her voice. Nothing.

"Wake up." She exclaimed louder and began trying to shuffle in his direction by jumping with the chair. "Hey!!!"

She heard a loud groan. Donghyuck also began gaining consciousness and realized where he was as his head shot up and he frantically began looking around.

"Ouuu that must've hurt." Ryuwon cringed as she caught sight of the huge blue-black bruise around his left eye. "Now hurry up and help me get out of this."

"Shouldn't we wait for the other gang members? We don't have any weapons and if we try to escape they may be harsher on us." Donghyuck exclaimed his concern while the girl just rolled her eyes.

"If we escape silently enough, they won't even know that we left."

Donghyuck was slightly taken aback by her unusual demeanour but complied. The 2 dragged their chairs against each other so they faced opposite directions. Ryuwon kept calling out orders as to how the boy should pull on her ropes and somehow, it worked. 

Soon enough, the girl was out of the ropes restricting her wristst and quickly released her feet as well. With a satisfied groan, she stood up and stretched slightly. Then finally, she turned towards Donghyuck who was struggling with his own restraints. With a slight sigh, Ryuwon kicked her own chair to the side and crouched down, beginning to work on releasing him. Then a minute later, both of them were standing up.

"Alright, I guess now we grab any weapon we can and we get out of this place." The girl looked around, spotting the lose tubes and floorboards along with other trash around. She frowned. "But there is nothing proper in here..." 

At that moment the door was thrown open and to reveal a man that Ryuwon did not recognize. But he definitely did her as he stared at the pair confused before sighing.

"What did I expect, of course Lee Haeun would find a way to escape." His disappointment seeped into his voice. Ryuwon glanced over to Donghyuck who was clenching his fists, ready to fight. "I wonder how long it will take NCT to get here. 5 minutes? Maybe 15? Or maybe... never?" 

The girl scoffed and almost laughed as she turned to her 'friend.' "What is this uglyass babbling about?" 

Donghyuck gave her a surprised look as she turned back to face the now not-so-friendly man. "Listen up you fucking psycho, it will take me seconds to take you down by myself so stop being a pussy and come here and fight already." 

Ryuwon just crossed her arm while watching the guy's expression shift from surprise to stirring with rage. And her threat worked as he lunged forward, arms our, clearly aiming for her neck. But with a laugh, the girl kicked out at the last moment, throwing him to the side. 

He groaned while holding onto his stomach and then looked towards the many men now surrounding the scene. "What are you doing?! KILL THEM!" 

And all of them drew their guns.

"Oh, so we playing dirty." Ryuwon clicked her tongue distastefully. But inside, she was panicking, not knowing how to slip out of this situation. And so was Donghyuck who tightly gripped on her arm.

And as the men all aimed at the 2, a sudden explosion caught everyone's attention. NCT had arrived.

This was such a bad chapter but I needed to put out something

And also, I'm working on so many books at the same time, sometimes I confuse the names of the characters lmfaooo