Part 31

Jisung was of course at the shooting range

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Jisung was of course at the shooting range.

His eyes darted after the moving target as he pulled the trigger yet again, getting a perfect headshot. Well, if you could call it one since it passed by the huge hole he had made on the cardboard man's face, just from shooting bullets. A similar opening also reigned on his chest where his heart would've been. Although the boy was supposed to change the target often, he got tired of it after using up 4 and just stuck with this one.

He turned at the sound of footsteps, coming face-to-face with Haeun who walked in with a plain t-shirt paired with shorts. She also had her slippers on which made a small clapping sound as they collided with the floor.

"You're still up." She mumbled, getting a small nod from him before he turned back to aiming. Due to the silencer on the sniper gun, they did not need to wear headphones as the huge sound was already muffled. Jisung pulled the trigger again, the shot perfect.

"What's the point of practicing aim?" The girl suddenly appeared beside him, eyes on the mutilated target. "You're already great at it."

Jisung sighed, putting the weapon down onto the small table avalible. "I don't come here for practice. My feet just take me here whenever I'm in thought and I unconsciously start shooting."

Haeun sent him a knowing glance before pouting slightly. "You know, I've never killed anyone before either."

The boy was slightly taken aback as she seemed to have had plenty of experience. Seems like that wasn't the case, or at least in that particular field.

"Well, to be honest..." She then suddenly blurted out, catching his attention. "I've been at fault for a death."

Jisung remained silent and Haeun turned to him with a sad smile. "Even if you weren't the one pointing the gun, knife or whatever, it doesn't change the fault that it was your fault. And the scene will never fade from your memory, even when you're 80, 90, 100 years old." 

The boy gulped, watching as she drifted into her own world. "But this is what we were fated to do afterall, isn't it? Although we aren't, we will be seen as cold-hearted murderers." Her soft chuckle did not hold even a hint of amusement. "Jisung-ah."

"Yea?" He hummed, leaning against the wall.

"Why are you doing this? Why did you get into gang stuff in general?"

The question really made the boy think. But as much as he thought, the answer became more and more unclear. Finally he gave up and just blurted out the thing that first came to mind.

"I just didn't want to be alone."

There was a small silence as Jisung looked towards the girl softly.

"This place has made me feel more at home in a few weeks than  my own house with my parents there. I may not be a perfect match for the team, but I feel like I belong here. That's why I need to improve and become better in order to stay. Because without all of this I really think that I'll suffocate to death." 

Haeun was slightly taken aback by his answer, but a small smile fell on her lips and she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Well, I'm glad that you're here."

Her words made the young boy's heart flutter as they held eye contact and he couln't help the grin coming up on his own lips.

"I'm off to sleep. You should go too, we have school tomorrow." Her hand left Jisung's shoulder and it suddenly felt quite hold without her touch. He nodded at her statement and then she turned on her heel and made her way out.

 He nodded at her statement and then she turned on her heel and made her way out

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Ik this scene was so bad but I needed a filler chapter