Kiss and Tell

Brantley threw his head back, a low groan escaping his mouth. "Fuck, Hail." 

Hailey was bent down in front of him, her hand and mouth on him. She moved both in unison, earning more groans and growls from Brantley as he reached his tipping point. 

"Jesus, Hailey." Brantley breathed. Hailey stood up, letting the water continuously run down her curves. She smiled shyly as he pulled her body in to his, giving her a soft kiss on the lips. 

She reached over and turned off the water, the steam still swirling around them. Hailey opened the glass door to the shower and stepped out on to the beige bath mat. Brantley stepped behind her. He grabbed the matching beige towel and wrapped it around her before he did the same around his waste. Hailey made her way to the guest bedroom to get dressed as he walked up the stairs to the loft. 

Hailey put on a pair of navy blue joggers and a plain white pocketed tee that hung off her shoulder slightly. She slipped on her flip flops and walked out in to the kitchen. Her stomach began rumbling as she reached the fridge. She surveyed the contents, trying to figure out what she was going to make for dinner. 

"I was thinking about running in to town about half an hour away to grab a pizza. What do you think?" Brantley asked, coming up next to her. 

"Pizza sounds amazing." Hailey confessed, almost drooling. 

"Alright, I'll be quick." Brantley laughed, grabbing his keys from the hook by the door. He took off in his jacked up Ford a few minutes later. 

Hailey rummaged through her leather duffel for her cell phone. She dialed a number she knew like the back of her hand.

"Hola." The voice answered, a door slamming in the background. 

"Girlfriend, " Hailey replied, heaving herself in to the only recliner in the living room. 

"Uh, oh. What's wrong?" Taylor knew Hailey a little too well. 

"What makes you think something is wrong?" Hailey rolled her eyes, not sure if she really wanted to say anything. Taylor was a great friend, but she wasn't ready to be judged by her life style choices at the moment. 

"You have that tone that is like six octaves higher than your normal voice. Something is up." Taylor sighed, trying to cut to the chase. She was trying to get home from work at a decent hour. She adjusted the rear view mirror of her red jeep, checking her complexion. 

"Tay, I may have done something really stupid." 

"I am the queen of stupidity. I am fairly certain it cannot be that bad." Taylor turned the key, starting the engine. 

Hailey gulped, taking a deep breath. "Brantley and I slept together." 

"You have slept in the same bed with him many times. You are best friends after all." Taylor replied, pulling out on to Main street in town. 

"No, Tay. We slept together." Hailey emphasized the word slept to try and get her point across. 

Taylor nearly missed the stop sign coming up. "What?" 

"The other night....." She left out the fooling around they did earlier in the shower. Although they didn't have sex, they were damn near close to it. 

"You bring a whole new meaning to kiss and make up." Taylor snorted. 

"Tay, this is not a joking matter." Hailey was super frustrated. Everything running through her mind a mile a minute. 

"Hails, come on. There has been sexual tension between you and Mr. Brantley Gilbert since the day you guys met. You can't tell me that you didn't at least enjoy it. Even if he is engaged to be married." 

Hailey smirked, thinking about the other night. 

"So tell me, is he packing or what? By the size of his hands I'd say..."

"Gosh, Tay! Ewww." Hailey interjected. 

"What? A girl is curious here." Taylor laughed, turning in to her driveway. 

"You know what," But she was cut off by the door opening. The smell of pepperoni pizza hitting her nose as soon as it shut. "Hey, I gotta go. Brant's back with dinner. Call you later?" 

"Sure, if you aren't shacking up. Love youuuuu." Taylor hung up before Hailey could feign pretend disgust. 

"Who was that?" Brantley asked, replacing his truck keys on the silver hook. 

"Just Taylor. She wanted to vent about work." Hailey lied, grabbing one of the pizzas from him. 

Brantley shook his head, chuckling. He followed Hailey to the kitchen, placing the box on the island. Hailey reached for some white china plates, when a set of headlights shined through the front window, casting shadows on the back wall of the little dining area. Brantley stopped for a second, walking to the door. He placed his hand on the pistol at his side. He peered through the blinds of the window, but couldn't make out the model of the vehicle. He walked around to the front door, opening it to get a better look. 

Hailey stopped as she was opening the first pizza box. The sweet southern voice speaking, forcing her to jerk her head in that direction. Brantley walked in with someone in tow. 

"Mmmm, smells delicious in here baby. What's for dinner?" The person walked straight toward the kitchen when she came to a halt. "Hailey."