Wild

Hailey padded down the hallway in to the kitchen. Kolby and Taylor standing at the island, mixing up some fresh wild berry pancakes to go on the griddle. 

"Good morning, sleepy head." Taylor replied, peering up from her white mixing bowl and whisk. 

"Good morning. Is there coffee?" Hailey raised her hands up in the air, stretching. 

Kolby admired the soft skin that peaked out from the bottom of her tank top the rode up. He looked back down at the pancakes he was pouring on to the hot cast iron griddle before she noticed. 

"Of course." A low voice rumbled from the living room. Hailey spun around to see Brantley sitting in the same spot from last night, bringing a navy blue up to his lips, sipping slowly. He raised an eyebrow at her and then nodded toward the coffee pot on the counter. 

"Thanks." Hailey smiled shyly. She grabbed herself a mug and poured some liquid gold in to her cup, filling it all the way to the brim. She added a small splash of vanilla creamer then took a long, glorious sip. She leaned against the kitchen counter, watching breakfast being made. Kolby flipped the pancakes on to a plate and set them in the middle of the dining table. Taylor reached for the butter dish and syrup, placing next to the beautiful stack. The smell of the wild berries wafting through the house. It smelled like sweet summer time. The four of them sat around, enjoying the food and talking about their plans for the last day they would all be on the farm together. Taylor would head out tonight. Kolby would give Hailey a ride back to Jefferson in the morning. Brantley was going to spend a few more days there in Alabama, scouting out the some new hunting areas for the fall. 

"Whoever didn't cook has to do the dishes." Kolby called out, setting his plate and utensils in the sink before he ran to grab a shower. Taylor shrugged her shoulders. She placed her plate next to the sink and walked out on to the front porch. She wanted to enjoy some of the warm sunshine before she had to drive back home for work. 

Hailey laughed lightly, placing her coffee mug down on the table. She was about to get up from her seat, when Brantley spoke up. 

"Hailey, I want to talk about last night." 

"B, don't." Her eyes fell to the ground as she shuffled her feet to distract herself. 

Brantley reached over, placing his large hand over her smaller one. She looked up beneath her long eyelashes. "I don't regret it one bit if that is what you are thinking." His voice deep and low, as to keep it out of ear shot of anyone that may be around. 

Hailey blinked, swallowing the knot that was in her throat. "Neither do I." She whispered before turning away to do the dishes. 

Brantley sighed, walking over beside her. He grabbed a dish towel and helped her. Neither one of them speaking. Taylor opened the front door, coming back in to grab Hailey to do a little sun bathing. She walked in to the kitchen. She stopped when she saw the two of them finishing up the dishes. 

She cleared her throat just as Hailey was turning off the faucet. "Wanna catch some rays, Hail?" Taylor pointed to the door over her shoulder. 

"Yeah. I'll, umm, I'll be right there." Hailey said. Taylor nodded her head as she walked back out, placing the sunglasses she had back over her eyes. 

Hailey grabbed the gray dish towel that was draped over Brantley's shoulder to wipe her hands dry. He grabbed her wrist before she could reach it. Hailey cocked her head to the left, biting her lip. It drove him wild when she did this. Always has. He pulled her closer, leaning about an inch from her face. Her breath hitched when he drew her closer to him, kissing her. His lips just as soft as last night. He pulled back briefly, his green eyes twinkled as the lights overhead caught them. His breathing slowed down, as he stood there content in the moment. His hand still on her wrist. 

Hailey jumped as she heard the bathroom door open and shut. Brantley stood up, fixing his posture. He adjusted his shoulders, his cut off black tee showcasing his tattoo sleeves. Kolby came jogging in to the kitchen, freshly showered and dressed. 

"I was going to go for a ride in the RZR, if anyone wants to come." Kolby inquired, looking between the two of them. 

"Uh, yeah. I'll be there in a minute." Brantley answered, not breaking eye contact with Hailey. 

Kolby eyed them suspiciously, but didn't say another word. He nodded and headed out to the garage. Brantley leaned down again, capturing Hailey's lips one more time before he headed out to the garage to take a ride.