Zeke

We brought the angel to a place in the parking garage that no one really parked in, as it was farther from the entrance. Dean poured a ring of holy oil around his body and I used a lighter to set it aflame. Soon enough he was awake, and he looked around.

"You want to help?" Dean asked, walking around the circle. "Start with a name."

"Ezekiel," he answered, groggy.

"All right, Ezekiel," I said, "how do I know you're not trying to hurt us or Cas, like other angels?"

"Oh, I'm sure there are many angels who are, many more are coming."

"How do you know that?" Dean asked.

"You put out an open prayer like that," Ezekiel shrugged, looking pointedly at me.

"I must really be desperate, then."

Ezekiel got to his feet, looking back and forth between us, as we were on opposite sides of the circle. "Believe it or not, some of us still believe in our mission. And that means we believe in Castiel, and you two."

"You said you were hurt during the fall."

"I was, and fighting with my brother back there did not help. But, what strength I still have, I offer to you."

It took a while, but me and Dean finally decided to take him up to Sam's room. He put a hand on Sam's chest. "You still able to cure things after the fall?" Dean asked.

Ezekiel shook his head. "I should be, but he's so weak."

My phone rang, and I answered. "Hello?"

"Lexi."

I felt relieved. "Cas," I motioned to Dean, and he followed me into the hallway. I put him on speaker, but lowered the volume. "What the hell is going on?"

"Metatron tricked me. It wasn't trials it was a spell," he said. "I wanted you to know that."

"Okay, great, but we've got ourselves a problem," Dean said.

"What's wrong?"

"Sam, he, uh, they say he's dying," I told him.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, one minute he was fine, the next he wasn't. Haven't you heard my prayers?"

"Metatron took my grace."

We paused. "What?" Dean asked.

"Don't worry about me, what are you doing for Sam?"

"Everything we can. There's another angel trying to heal him right now."

"Who?"

"Said his name was Ezekiel," I said.

"Yes," Cas said. I could practically hear his smile. "Ezekiel was a good soldier. He should be able to help until I get there."

My eyes widened. "No, no, Cas. That isn't an option."

"It might be a few day, but-"

"Cas, listen," Dean said. "There are other angels looking for you, hunting you down."

"Not all of them, Dean. Some are just looking for direction."

"What does that mean?"

"I met one of them, and I think I can help her," he continued.

"Go check on Sam," Dean said, and I reluctantly nodded and turned, entering the room. As soon as I stepped in, the hospital began to shake, and I looked around. Ezekiel looked at me, and I at him.