I. Surrender.

"Your bags are in your room, and the car is back in the garage," Cas said.

"You took one of the cars?" Sam asked, and I smiled guiltily, watching as Cas walked to sit next to Dean. They were sitting at the end of one of the wooden tables, so I sat on the top of the one next to it.

"So?" I asked. "What do you want to say to me?"

"Why did you just beat it?" Dean asked.

"Because I'm not stupid, Dean. I heard you two talking about me the morning I left."

"Yeah? And where did you go?"

"Florida."

"Why?"

"Who do you think you are? My dad?"

"Lexi," Sam called, voice soft. I looked at him, and he was clearly worried about me. I sighed.

"I was on a hunt. A vamp nest."

"By yourself?" Dean exclaimed.

"She was with me," Cas answered, causing Dean to turn to him.

"What?"

"She was with me." Cas was looking down at the table.

"No, I heard you. I'm just waiting for you to tell me why the hell you didn't tell us."

"I asked him not to. I wanted to prove something to you, prove to you that I was stronger than you thought."

Dean stared at me, then scoffed and got up, most likely walking to his room. I closed my eyes, then opened them and sighed. "That happened."

"It's only because he really cares, Lexi," Sam said, and I nodded. "But seriously, you two take out that nest by yourselves?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah."

"Then I don't know why he doesn't trust you," he said, standing up. "I think he just doesn't trust himself. Go get some rest, okay?"

I nodded and watched Sam walk off to his room. "Goodnight, Cas."

"Goodnight, Lexi."

I walked off to my room and stopped in front of my door, but I didn't touch the door knob. I turned around and looked at the door just across from mine. Dean's room. I could see the light shining through the crack in the bottom of the door, and I couldn't help but remember the first night he fell asleep in my room.

I smiled at the thought of it, and debated about knocking on his door, but I turned back around and opened my door, looking around at my bags. I decided to unpack them tomorrow and laid down in bed after kicking off my shoes.

***

"Hey, wake up," I rolled over, squinting at Dean. I looked at the time on my clock and groaned.

"It's four in the morning," I said.

"I know, scoot over."

I did and he climbed into bed with me. "What's this for?" I asked as he pulled me closer.

"I'm sorry for saying what I did," he told me, and I smiled.

"It's okay, Dean, really. I'm fine."

He smiled. "I know, Lexus. Now go back to sleep."

"Still aren't letting go of that nickname, I see," I observed, then snuggled into Dean.

Around nine I got woken up again, but this time by Sam. "Come on, you two, we have a case."

Suddenly Dean's phone rang, and he answered it, putting it on speaker. "You have less than one minute until your very dear, attractive, and slightly tipsy friend of yours snuffs it," I heard a voice say, and it sounded oddly familiar. Crowley.