🌊Chapter Five🌊

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, the roast duck was delicious." Iroh smiled at me as I helped clean up the mess.

"It wasn't terrible." Zuko said, looking out the small ship window.

"He may sound angry, but that's actually a compliment." Iroh whispered to me.

I smiled.

"I'm glad you both liked it." I said, then looked out the same window as Zuko. "Um... Prince Zuko?" I mumbled, looking at him.

"What?" He barked.

I hesitated.

"Well, um- I just wanted to say, thank you for saving me. And, like you said earlier- I owe you my life." I began. "Since I owe you, it would be an honor if I could stay by your side and aid you in your journey." I said, bowing to him.

There was an awkward pause.

"Whatever." He finally said, standing up. "I'm retiring for the night." He said, walking away. He stopped in the doorway.
"Y/n." He said in a gruff voice.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered.

"When you're tired, just come to my room." He said, leaving.

I froze.

"Wh-what does he mean by that?!" I asked Iroh, embarrassed.

He chuckled.

"I'm surprised he didn't reject you when you offered to help him. My nephew is very independent." He said. "Like I said٫ he's becoming more interested in you."

"We just met, though." I said, then yawned.

"Y/n, you should get some rest. Young girls need their beauty sleep." He said, taking a sip of tea.

I smiled softly.

"Yes, sir." I headed to the doorway, then turned around to look at him. "Goodnight. See you tomorrow, Iroh." I smiled at him. "And, thank you for everything."

"Goodnight, dear. Have a good rest."

I nodded and walked towards Zuko's room.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stood outside his door, hesitant.
It was cracked open. I peered into his room.

He had taken off his vest, and was standing with his back turned towards the door.

My eyes were glued to his back muscles. He then began pacing around his room.

"What's taking her so long?" He punched the wall, fire coming from his fist.

I gulped, taking a few steps back, then walked loudly towards the door so he thought I was just arriving.

I knocked lightly.

"Come in." He said calmly, as if he hadn't just assaulted the wall.

I pushed the door open, seeing him leaned against the wall by his bed.

"U-um, you said to come here when I got tired." I explained, closing the door behind me. "If you could, um, show me where I can sleep-"

"You're sleeping in here." He interupted.

"What?" I asked, his quick answer catching me off guard.

"It's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before." He said, coming closer to me.

My back was pressed against the door.
He stood less than a foot away from me.

He then sighed, turning around.

"Relax, it was a joke. You can have the bed and blanket. I'll sleep on the floor." He said, then mumbled. "Is the thought of sleeping with me that bad?" He began pouting as he made himself comfy on the floor.

"Wait- no, you take the bed." I said. "It's your room. I'll sleep on the floor." I walked to where he was sitting on the ground.

"No." He said, laying down. "Goodnight." He said, turning onto his side.

I hesitantly crawled onto the bed.

"...Goodnight." I whispered.

The flame on the candle went out, darkening the room.